SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The NFS Journal publishes high-quality original research articles and methods papers presenting cutting-edge scientific advances as well as review articles on current topics in all areas of nutrition and food science. The journal particularly invites submission of articles that deal with subjects on the interface of nutrition and food research and thus connect both disciplines. The journal offers a new form of submission Registered Reports (see below). NFS Journal is a forum for research in the following areas:
• Understanding the role of dietary factors (macronutrients and micronutrients, phytochemicals, bioactive lipids and peptides etc.) in disease prevention and maintenance of optimum health
• Prevention of diet- and age-related pathologies by nutritional approaches
• Advances in food technology and food formulation (e.g. novel strategies to reduce salt, sugar, or trans-fat contents etc.)
• Nutrition and food genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics
• Identification and characterization of food components
• Dietary sources and intake of nutrients and bioactive compounds
• Food authentication and quality
• Nanotechnology in nutritional and food sciences
• (Bio-) Functional properties of foods
• Development and validation of novel analytical and research methods
• Age- and gender-differences in biological activities and the bioavailability of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals and other dietary factors
• Food safety and toxicology
• Food and nutrition security
• Sustainability of food production
Benefits to authors
Registered Reports: NFS Journal offers pre-registration of the study design, planned experiments, and hypothesis and, if these are deemed interesting and worth publishing by members of the editorial board and outside expert reviewers, researchers will be able to publish their pre-registered studies in the journal irrespective of the outcome of the experiments, as long as the experiments have been performed accurately and data analyses and interpretation are according to the highest scientific standards and follow the pre-registered procedures. In order for authors to react to unforeseen and exciting results, it will be possible to report additional exploratory analyses within a specific section of the Registered Reports.
We also provide many author benefits, such as unlimited space and no restrictions on the number of tables and figures that can be presented, free PDF files, a liberal copyright policy, and much more.