SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Nano Today is the international journal for researchers with interests across the whole of nanoscience and technology. Through its unique mixture of peer-reviewed articles, the latest research news, and information on key developments, Nano Today provides comprehensive coverage of this exciting and dynamic new field.
Nano Today publishes original articles on all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Manuscripts of three types are considered: Review Articles that inform readers of the latest research and advances in nanoscience and nanotechnology, Rapid Communications that feature exciting research breakthroughs in the field, and News and Opinions that comment on topical issues or express views on the developments in related fields.
Contributions include a variety of topics such as:
• Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Nanostructured Materials and Films
• Functionalization and Size-Dependent Properties of Nanocrystals, Quantum Dots and Nanowires
• Processing and Templating of Nanotubes and Nanoporous Materials
• Tailoring of Polymeric Nanoparticles, Organic-Inorganic Nanocomposites and Biohybrids
• Fabrication of Nano and Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
• Design and Engineering of Structural and Functional Nanomaterials
• Nanosystems for Biological, Medical, Chemical, Catalytic, Energy and Environmental Applications
• Nanodevices for Electronic, Photonic, Magnetic, Imaging, Diagnostic and Sensor Applications