Measurement: Sensors is a companion journal to Measurement: Journal of the International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO).
The main aim of the journal is to provide rapid publication of topical papers featuring practical developments in the field, covering a wide range of application areas, and it will attract a readership from across the industrial and academic research spectrum. The journal seeks to publish progress in research with an emphasis both on both the applied and the theoretical aspects, bringing greater recognition to this important area of engineering.
Submissions are invited on all aspects of the theory, research, development, manufacturing and applications of the science, engineering and technology of the highly interdisciplinary field that comprises sensors and sensor systems today. Authors are encouraged to submit novel material on this field which could include the results of research including simulation and experimental work, which may deal with practical or new industrial applications related to innovative sensors, or discuss new developments in sensor design, including modelling, and the applications of sensors to novel research in different areas of instrumentation.
Thus, the fields of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Sensors and sensor systems
- Sensors: materials and their application in sensor systems
- Sensor types:
— ultrasonic and acoustic;
— physical sensors of all types e.g. pressure, temperature, flow etc;
— sensors in biomedical science and engineering;
— radiation sensors;
— sensing in the liquid and gas phases
- Sensor connectivity and sensor networks
- Sensors and software including
— Sensor simulation and modelling;
— Sensors for hazardous environments e.g. due to high temperature, radiation, space, acidic and other challenging environments;
— Sensors in Industry 4.0 and the Digital Twin;
— Sensor signal and data processing;
— Sensor data fusion;
— Sensors and machine learning and AI
- Sensor Applications in industry including
— All aspects of sensor use and evaluation in industry including sensor packaging, sensor durability and long term testing and evaluation
- Education and training in sensors and sensor systems
- Health and safety aspects of the use of sensor systems
Measurement: Sensors publishes the following types of papers, all of which are fully peer reviewed:
- Regular Articles which should describe original research of high quality in the field of Sensors and sensor systems.
- Review Articles which will generally be specially commissioned; however, suggestions for topics and authors are welcomed by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Technical Notes which are short contributions and provide rapid publication of important new contributions.
- Special Issue Conference Articles which represent novel work arising from topical meetings and symposia
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|13C||2021||Jan 29, 2021||Jan 29, 2021|
|14C||2021||Mar 18, 2021||Mar 17, 2021|
|15C||2021||May 13, 2021||May 13, 2021|
|16C||2021||Jul 21, 2021||Jul 13, 2021|
|17C||2021||Sep 24, 2021||Sep 18, 2021|
|18C||2021||Nov 25, 2021|
|19C||2022||Feb 01, 2022|
|20C||2022||Mar 08, 2022|
|21C||2022||May 17, 2022|
|22C||2022||Jul 19, 2022|
|23C||2022||Sep 06, 2022|
|24C||2022||Nov 08, 2022|