SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
The Journal of Arid Environments is an international journal publishing original scientific and technical research articles on physical, biological and cultural aspects of arid, semi-arid, and desert environments. As a forum of multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary dialogue it addresses research on all aspects of arid environments and their past, present and future use.
Research Areas include:
- Paleoclimate and Paleoenvironments
- Climate and Climate Change
- Hydrological processes and systems
- Geomorphological processes and systems
- Soils (physical and biological aspects)
- Ecology (Plant and Animal Sciences)
- Anthropology and human ecology (archaeology, sociology, ethnobotany, human adaptations,etc. Agriculture Land use grazing, mining, tourism, etc)
- Land use (agronomy, grazing, mining, tourism, etc)
- Conservation (theory, policy, sustainability, economics, heritage)
- Land degradation (desertification) and rehabilitation
- Environmental monitoring and management
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our http://www.elsevier.com/authors/author-servicesauthor services.
Please see our http://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-arid-environments/0140-1963/guide-for-authorsGuide for Authors for information on article submission. If you require any further information or help, please visit our http://service.elsevier.com/app/home/supporthub/publishing/Support Center