SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field.
SJR is a prestige metric based on the idea that not all citations are the same. SJR uses a similar algorithm as the Google page rank; it provides a quantitative and a qualitative measure of the journal’s impact.
The Impact Factor measures the average number of citations received in a particular year by papers published in the journal during the two preceding years.
© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2015
To calculate the five year Impact Factor, citations are counted in 2014 to the previous five years and divided by the source items published in the previous five years.
© Journal Citation Reports 2015, Published by Thomson Reuters
Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Energy and Buildings is an international journal publishing articles with explicit links to energy use in buildings. The aim is to present new research results, and new proven practice aimed at reducing the energy needs of a building and improving indoor environment quality.
Topics covered include:
- Energy demands and consumption in existing and future buildings - prediction and validation
- Indoor environment quality, including health and thermal comfort vis-à-vis energy
- Natural, mechanical and mixed ventilation
- Air distribution in buildings
- Application of solar and other renewable energy sources in buildings
- Energy balances in building complexes (residential, commercial, industrial, public and other buildings)
- Energy efficiency improvement measures of HVAC&R and other technical systems in residential, commercial, public and industrial buildings, and semi open built spaces
- Heat recovery systems in buildings
- Buildings and district heating and cooling
- Energy conservation in built environment
- Energy efficient buildings
- Building physics
- Energy sustainability, resilience and climate adaptability of buildings
- Evaluation and control of indoor thermal and lighting systems
- Building's total performance and intelligent buildings
- Links between architectural design, mechanical and lighting systems
- New materials in buildings and their impact on energy demands
- External and internal design conditions for energy efficient buildings
- Building envelope materials and structure energy performance
- Thermal energy storage and thermally active building systems - TABS
- Energy performance of buildings and modeling predictive control
- Zero CO2 emission - zero energy and energy plus buildings and their smart grid harmonized operation
- Residential/municipal energy refurbishment and renovation
- Life cycle energy efficiency of buildings and embodied energy
- Architectural structure - construction energy efficiency
- Energy related aspects of buildings after catastrophic events
Papers with results based on simulations are welcome but those with clear links to laboratory or field measurements are preferred. These links may include calibration, benchmarking, or comparisons of results.
Replication Studies: This journal encourages the submission of replication studies. When submitting your manuscript ensure the original study is clearly referenced, and provide a link to the original study. Replication studies should include [brief] introduction and discussion sections that succinctly report the goal of the original paper. The original paper should be the work of a different author or group of authors. For replication studies please also deposit your data in Mendeley data or another trusted repository and ensure your data is properly cited. Please refer to the section on Research data for further guidance on data deposition and citation.