Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety continues with the same aims and scope, editorial team, submission system and rigorous peer review.
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety authors will pay an article publishing charge (APC), have a choice of license options, and retain copyright to their published work. The APC will be requested after peer review and acceptance. The APC payment will be required for all accepted articles submitted after the 30th of September 2020. The APC for Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety will be USD 2600 (excluding taxes).
Please note: Authors who have submitted their paper on or before the 30th of September 2020, will have their accepted article published in Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety at no charge. Authors submitting their paper after this date will be requested to pay the APC. For more details visit our FAQs page.
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety is a multi-disciplinary journal that focuses on understanding the exposure and effects of environmental contamination on organisms including human health. The scope of the journal covers three main themes. The topics within these themes are indicated below (but are not limited to) the following:
- Aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology of organisms including microbes, invertebrates, vertebrate animals and plants. Also, mesocosm or field studies informing on fate and effects.
- Mechanistic studies relating exposure, bioavailability and effects.
- Molecular to whole organism studies, including animal behaviour and population effects.
- Methods in ecotoxicology that address modes of action including omics, systems biology, quantitative measurements in living cells/tissues, biomarkers, histopathology, ecophysiology.
- Soil, sediment and water chemistry that explains the fate, behaviour, sinks and effects of toxic substances such as metals, industrial and agrochemicals, nanomaterials, plastics and emerging contaminants.
- Mechanistic studies that identify source apportionment, spatial or temporal distribution of toxic substances, chemical speciation, persistence and transformations in the environment.
- Mixtures effects and interaction with environmental factors such as pH, organic matter, temperature and salinity.
- Mechanistic studies on remediation of wastewater and sludge, on biosorbants, biochars, green chemistry, chemical sensors and biosensor technology.
- Epidemiological studies linking environmental contamination to human health effects.
- Molecular mechanism-based environmental toxicological studies using cell or animal models to evaluate hazards of air pollution, groundwater and drinking water contaminations, and environmental health and safety impacts from persistent toxic substances in the environment and food chain.
- Mechanistic elucidation of detrimental effects upon exposure to various contaminants at cellular and molecular levels and novel method development for ecotoxicological and environmental toxicological research.
- Evaluation of exposure, toxicity, and environmental risk using computational methods, such as big data, machine learning, and quantitative structure toxicity relationship modeling.
The journal publishes hypothesis- or observation-driven research, with emphasis on mechanistic understanding and/or reporting new phenomena. Therefore, the following types of routine reports are out of scope of the journal and should not be submitted: •Routine monitoring-style reports of pollutant concentration in the environment or biota. •Routine measurements of biomolecules in an organism without mechanistic studies or an experimental context. •Routine reports of adsorption isotherms, catalytic reactions, remediation method, and other very well-known phenomena of chemicals or materials •Studies on general environmental parameters that affect the physiology of organisms, such as salt or draught effects on plants without an environmental pollution aspect to study design. •Agronomy studies, natural geochemistry studies, and animal biology studies that do not have an environmental contamination aspect to the research
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|207C||2021||Dec 08, 2020||Nov 30, 2020|
|208C||2021||Dec 22, 2020||Dec 25, 2020|
|209C||2021||Jan 20, 2021||Jan 16, 2021|
|210C||2021||Jan 22, 2021||Jan 21, 2021|
|211C||2021||Feb 09, 2021||Feb 02, 2021|
|212C||2021||Feb 19, 2021||Feb 15, 2021|
|213C||2021||Mar 09, 2021||Mar 05, 2021|
|214C||2021||Mar 24, 2021||Mar 20, 2021|
|215C||2021||Apr 09, 2021||Apr 07, 2021|
|216C||2021||Apr 26, 2021||Apr 16, 2021|
|217C||2021||May 11, 2021||May 04, 2021|
|218C||2021||May 25, 2021||May 19, 2021|
|219C||2021||Jun 09, 2021||Jun 02, 2021|
|220C||2021||Jun 29, 2021||Jun 17, 2021|
|221C||2021||Jul 13, 2021||Jul 03, 2021|
|222C||2021||Aug 10, 2021||Jul 31, 2021|
|223C||2021||Aug 26, 2021||Aug 16, 2021|
|224C||2021||Sep 14, 2021||Sep 02, 2021|
|225C||2021||Oct 07, 2021||Sep 30, 2021|
|226C||2021||Oct 25, 2021||Oct 16, 2021|
|227C||2021||Nov 15, 2021||Nov 05, 2021|
|228C||2021||Dec 17, 2021|
|229C||2022||Jan 05, 2022|
|230C||2022||Jan 20, 2022|
|231C||2022||Feb 08, 2022|
|232C||2022||Feb 25, 2022|
|233C||2022||Mar 16, 2022|
|234C||2022||Mar 30, 2022|
|235C||2022||Apr 12, 2022|
|236C||2022||Apr 29, 2022|
|237C||2022||May 11, 2022|
|238C||2022||May 25, 2022|
|239C||2022||Jun 09, 2022|
|240C||2022||Jun 16, 2022|
|241C||2022||Jul 20, 2022|
|242C||2022||Aug 23, 2022|
|243C||2022||Sep 12, 2022|
|244C||2022||Sep 29, 2022|
|245C||2022||Oct 18, 2022|
|246C||2022||Nov 04, 2022|
|247C||2022||Nov 23, 2022|
|248C||2022||Dec 08, 2022|