The journal aims to publish papers with significance to an international audience, containing substantial novelty and scientific impact. The Editors reserve the rights to reject, with or without external review, papers that do not meet these criteria.
Papers dealing with radiation processing, i.e., where radiation is used to bring about a biological, chemical or physical change in a material, should be directed to our sister journal Radiation Physics and Chemistry.
Manuscripts describing the results of measurements of radioactive or other substances in any medium that have been obtained using well-established analytical methods will not be accepted unless they also describe substantial innovations or improvements in the analytical methodology. Relevant topics for Applied Radiation and Isotopes include the following, however, authors are encouraged to suggest other topics which might also be published in the journal:
- Radiation Sources: design, construction, production, characteristics.
- Radionuclides: production, activation cross-sections, target design, processing, quality control procedures.
- Synthesis of Labelled Compounds: synthesis, purification, quality control, in vitro testing of radionuclide-labelled compounds/ radiopharmaceuticals.
- Measurement of Radiation and Radioactivity: measurement of X-rays, &ggr;-rays, à- and &bgr;-particles and other forms of radiation; nuclear instrumentation, including radiation spectrometry, dosimetry, novel counting systems and whole-body counters, novel radiation detector systems.
- Radioanalytical Methods: activation analysis, isotope dilution analysis, radioimmunoassay, radionuclide tomography, radiation spectrometry.
- Nuclear Physics and Chemistry topics including data compilations, directly relevant to practical applications.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance/Electron Spin Resonance: dosimetry, dating, imaging, biomedical applications and radiation accidents.
- Medical Radiation: the development of applications of ionising radiation and radioisotopes in radiation therapy, imaging and nuclear medicine.
- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry: methodology, biomedical, environmental and other applications.
- Nuclear Geophysics: studies of the earth's crust, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere and planetary bodies; nuclear methods for exploration, extraction, transport and use of water, oil, gas, coal and other minerals.
- Radiochemistry: chemical behaviour and speciation of radionuclides.
- Environment: chemical behaviour and speciation of radionuclides and labelled compounds other than those of direct clinical interest, in geological, environmental, human, animal or plant systems; factors which modify this behaviour.
Manuscripts, which will be subject to peer review, should take one of the following forms:
- Full length articles, which should be definitive and describe a reasonably complete investigation.
- Short Communications, which may describe new, unpublished information, including preliminary communications and work in progress.
- Correspondence, containing comments related to articles previously published in the journal. This type of communication should not exceed two printed pages in order to expedite their publication.
- Review articles and conference proceedings may also be accepted for publication, following discussion with an editor of the journal.
|Issue volume||Issue year||Planned ship date||Actual ship date|
|167C||2021||Dec 17, 2020||Dec 14, 2020|
|168C||2021||Jan 14, 2021||Jan 29, 2021|
|169C||2021||Feb 12, 2021||Feb 10, 2021|
|170C||2021||Mar 16, 2021||Apr 21, 2021|
|171C||2021||Mar 25, 2021||Mar 15, 2021|
|172C||2021||Apr 29, 2021||Apr 22, 2021|
|173C||2021||May 25, 2021||May 18, 2021|
|174C||2021||Jun 22, 2021||Jun 15, 2021|
|175C||2021||Jul 07, 2021||Jun 23, 2021|
|176C||2021||Sep 15, 2021||Sep 07, 2021|
|177C||2021||Oct 15, 2021|
|178C||2021||Nov 16, 2021|
|179C||2022||Dec 14, 2021|
|180C||2022||Jan 13, 2022|
|181C||2022||Feb 14, 2022|
|182C||2022||Mar 16, 2022|
|183C||2022||Mar 25, 2022|
|184C||2022||May 02, 2022|
|185C||2022||May 27, 2022|
|186C||2022||Jun 23, 2022|
|187C||2022||Jul 08, 2022|
|188C||2022||Sep 15, 2022|
|189C||2022||Oct 17, 2022|
|190C||2022||Nov 16, 2022|
|191C||2023||Dec 15, 2022|