Journal of South American Earth Sciences
Including Mexico, Central America, The Caribbean and The Antarctic Peninsula
The Journal of South American Earth Sciences provides an international medium for the publication of scientific work concerned with all aspects of the Earth Sciences in the South American continent: Mexico to Argentina and adjacent regions of the Caribbean, Central America and Antarctic Peninsula.
Papers must have a regional appeal and should present work of more than local significance. Research papers dealing with the regional geology of South American cratons and mobile belts, within the following research fields:
- Economic geology, metallogenesis and hydrocarbon genesis and reservoirs
- Geophysics, geochemistry, volcanology, igneous and metamorphic petrology
- Tectonics, neo- and seismotectonics and geodynamic modeling
- Geomorphology, geological hazards and soil research
- Stratigraphy, sedimentology, structure and basin evolution
- Paleontology, paleoecology, paleoclimatology and Quaternary geology
New developments in already established regional projects and new initiatives dealing with the geology of the continent will be summarized and presented on a regular basis. Short notes, discussions, book reviews and conference and workshop reports will also be included when relevant.
Editor-in-Chief: Francisco J Vega PhD, Andrés Folguera PhD
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 0895-9811