Hong Kong Journal of Nephrology
Official publication of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology
The Hong Kong Journal of Nephrology (HKJN) is the official peer-reviewed journal of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology. It is published twice a year, in April and October, by Elsevier.
The missions of the Journal are to:
- promote clinical and scientific research in the field of nephrology;
- serve as a communication channel among nephrologists in Hong Kong, China and the Asia-Pacific region;
- act as a source of teaching material in the field of nephrology for nephrologists and renal nurses;
- record historical milestones in the field of nephrology in Hong Kong;
- promote the activities of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology;
- provide a platform for opinions on major issues for nephrologists in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
The HKJN publishes:
- Editorials: invited articles or comments on a specific paper in the Journal or a topical issue in the field.
- Review Articles: systematic, critical assessments of literature and data sources providing a balanced overview, or short and focused discussions of an important and topical subject related to nephrology.
- Original Articles: clinical or laboratory studies in nephrology, including, but not limited to, the pathogenesis and treatment of kidney disease, hypertension, acid-base and electrolyte disorders, dialysis, urological diseases, and kidney transplantation.
- Short Communications: research papers that describe preliminary but novel research findings that are not sufficiently substantial for an Original Article.
- Case Reports: interesting cases that highlight uncommon diseases, novel presentations, or cutting-edge therapeutic strategies.
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1561-5413