Computer Standards & Interfaces
The International Journal on the Development and Application of Standards for Computers, Software Quality, Data Communications, Interfaces and Measurement
The quality of software, well-defined interfaces (hardware and software), the process of digitalisation, and accepted standards in these fields are essential for building and exploiting complex computing, communication, multimedia and measuring systems. Standards can simplify the design and construction of individual hardware and software components and help to ensure satisfactory interworking.
Computer Standards & Interfaces is an international journal dealing specifically with these topics.
• Provides information about activities and progress on the definition of computer standards, software quality, interfaces and methods, at national, European and international levels
• Publishes critical comments on standards and standards activities
• Disseminates user's experiences and case studies in the application and exploitation of established or emerging standards, interfaces and methods
• Offers a forum for discussion on actual projects, standards, interfaces and methods by recognised experts
• Stimulates relevant research by providing a specialised refereed medium.
Computer Standards & Interfaces is concerned with the specification, development and application of standards and with high-level publications of developments and methods in the following areas:
• Standards, Information Management, Formal Methods - Computers, Processors, Storage, Operating systems, Languages, Databases, Graphics, User interface, Multimedia, Information security, Office automation, Development of standards and instruments, Applications
• Software Quality, Software Process - Languages, Operating systems, Programming, Requirements specification, Design & implementation, Inspection & test, Maintenance, Product and process evaluation, Performance, Tools, Metrics, Embedded systems, Software in measurement and technical systems including real-time aspects, Development of International Standards in Software Engineering
• Distributed Systems, Open Systems, E-Topics - Digital interfaces, System and device buses, Fieldbuses, Data communication, Distributed computing, Protocols, Open systems interconnection, Local and wide area networks, Internet, Worldwide Web, Network security, Cryptology, E-services, E-business, E-commerce
• Data Acquisition - Analog-to-digital conversion, Specification, Modelling, Industrial electronics, Real-time systems, Laboratory automation, Automatic measurement, Process control, Electromagnetic compatibility
• Digital Instruments Standardisation - Forum of EUPAS, European Project for ADC-based devices, Standardisation (IMEKO TC-4 Working Group on A/D and D/A Converter Metrology), IEEE TC-10, IEC TC-42-WG8, IEC TC-85-WG16; Standardi-sation of specifications, modelling, testing, and analog and digital processing for digital instruments
Editor-in-Chief Rory O'Connor
- Imprint: NORTH-HOLLAND
- ISSN: 0920-5489