Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry
The Tetrahedron Journal for Research at the Interface of Chemistry and Biology
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry publishes complete accounts of research of outstanding significance and timeliness on all aspects of molecular interactions at the interface of chemistry and biology, together with critical review articles. The journal publishes reports of experimental results in medicinal chemistry, chemical biology and drug discovery and design, emphasizing new and emerging advances and concepts in these fields. The aim of the journal is to promote a better understanding at the molecular level of life processes, and living organisms, as well as the interaction of these with chemical agents.
The Journal welcomes papers on:
- the medicinal chemistry and associated biology (including target identification and validation) of established or new disease targets
- the reporting of the discovery, design or optimization of potent new compounds or biological agents
- the analysis and discussion of structure-activity relationships and pharmacological issues relevant to drug design and action using in vitro and in vivo models, including the use of computational techniques when closely linked to experimental data
- the reporting of "first-in-class" new therapeutic compounds
- the chemical biology or bioorganic/bioinorganic chemistry that significantly advances knowledge of a biological mechanism
- methodological advances that are chemistry-based and which significantly impact on medicine or biology
- the preparation and examination of biotherapeutics for the treatment of pathophysiological disease states
- the development of materials for specific therapeutic targeting
All manuscripts will be rigorously peer-reviewed by independent experts following an initial assessment by the Editors. Please note that BMC is not suitable for straightforward reports of incremental advances. Above all the presentation of a rational basis and a sound underlying hypothesis for the work is of particular importance, whatever its exact field.
Editors: Professor H. Waldmann (Editor-in-Chief) ,Professor Y. Hashimoto (Editor) ,Professor K.D. Janda (Editor)
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 0968-0896