Biometric Technology Today
The rate of change within the biometric industry is staggering. What was once a futuristic concept is here and now.
Whether you are an end-user, a developer, a vendor, an integrator or an investor in biometrics, Biometric Technology Today gives you immediate access to authoritative information on key industry developments and covers the industry on a global scale.
Biometric Technology Today is the business newsletter that provides access to the most up-to-date information from around the world on:
• Fingerprint technology
• Smart cards
• Hand geometry
• Biometric solutions in banking
• Biometrics and law and order
• Physical access control
• Iris scanning
• Voice recognition
• Face recognition
• Keystroke dynamics
• Signature biometrics
• Systems integration
• Standards and testing
• Biometrics manufacturers
Each issue of Biometric Technology Today features:
Surveys and Market Trends
• Regular surveys and reports cover:
Finger scanning biometrics; Face recognition systems; Hand measuring systems; Voice verification; Signature biometrics; Eyes, ears, veins, smell, keystroke dynamics; Systems integrators - providing subscribers with a table showing which systems integrator works with a particular application along with full contact details; Standards and testing.
Covering all aspects of biometrics from Physical Access Control to E-commerce to Legislation, you'll find the key issues behind the major news stories from around the world. Plus, you'll find out who's launching what product and when, what the planned applications are and who is adopting the technology and much more.
• News in Brief:
Essential news from around the world, covering funding levels for particular applications, government initiatives, new legislation, new applications and the companies adopting the technology, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, contracts awarded and annual results.
You'll find details of all the key industry events from around the world with full contact information so that you can act immediately to secure your place at these international forums.
Biometric Technology Today has been designed to enable you to access essential information quickly and easily via:
• Cross references to previous coverage of companies, technologies, applications and other news stories that will enable you to source further information on a particular news story, product, supplier or application.
• Tables of relevant information, for easy access and understanding, that you can copy and circulate to colleagues.
• Full contact data so that whether you want further information on a particular application, technology or want to book places at an industry event, you can quickly and easily contact key personnel.
Whether you are in banking and finance, education, healthcare, law and enforcement, welfare, immigration, physical access control, computer security, telecomms, or other areas, your subscription to Biometric Technology Today will enable you to:
• Determine the most appropriate technology for your customers' needs
• Consider how other organisations are using biometrics and learn from their mistakes
• Identify new products to the market and new applications in the field as soon as they become available
• Track leading-edge technologies and ensure that your company is aware of the leading suppliers and ready to act as soon as new and more cost-effective technology becomes available
• Identify possible co-operative partners
• Share insights into applications testing in order to guarantee performance
• Understand domestic and international government regulations that impact on the industry
Biometric Technology Today will provide you with straightforward access to essential information that will enable you to:
• Ensure that you always find the right technology and supplier for any given application requirement
• Identify the key users in your sector and the solutions that they are employing
• Monitor who is entering your sector and their plans for the technology
• Gauge which markets are rapidly developing into substantial earners
• Pinpoint which products are currently in development and available for licence
• Evaluate the latest legislation that could impact on your sector
Biometric Technology Today will enable you to:
• Keep track of your competitors
• Monitor the development of competitive products
• Plan effective business strategy based on reliable, accurate and up-to-date industry information
• Ensure that you are always fully aware of new international legislation that could impact upon the compatibility and accessibility of your products
• Identify new distributors and keep track of existing distributors
• Monitor the market perception of your products
• Identify new business partnersInvestors:
The commercial potential of biometrics promises to deliver in the next 2-3 years means the potential returns on investment could be staggering.
• Track market trends and identify investment opportunities around the world
• Keep track of who is adopting biometrics technologies and the implications for the technology
• Ensure that you are fully aware of new legislation and its effect on opening up or closing down markets
• Identify those technologies that offer the best returns - and those that don't
• Follow research activities and identify potential investment opportunities for the future
• Spot the 'killer' application early and make your own killing.
Editor: Tim Ring
- Imprint: ELSEVIER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
- ISSN: 0969-4765