In celebration of National Nurses Week 2016, the Elsevier Nursing Journals team has compiled a special article collection. These articles all explore issues involving nurses’ quality of life and balance between their career and home life: from mindfulness, to workplace violence and injury, to burnout and much more.
To celebrate nurses’ altruistic spirit, routinely prioritizing their patients’ well-being over their own, we are pleased to offer these articles that focus on nurses’ wellbeing for free until May 31, 2016.
- Bullying in the Workplace: A Leadership Perspective
- Preparing the Next Generation of Perioperative Nurses
- The impact of HIRAID on emergency nurses' self-efficacy, anxiety and perceived control: A simulated study
- Relationships between nurses’ empathy, self-compassion and dimensions of professional quality of life: A cross-sectional study
- Shared Governance and Work Engagement in Emergency Nurses
- Mindfulness and Medical Review: A Grassroots Approach to Improving Work/Life Balance and Nursing Retention in a Level I Trauma Center Emergency Department
- Collaborating to Eliminate Fraudulent Nursing Education Programs
- Advancing the Education of Registered Nurses: The New York Initiative
- How Nurse Leaders Can Reduce Burnout: Focus on Mental Energy!
- Nurse Leadership: The Importance of Balancing Work With Leisure