Abstract submission deadline: 10 May 2019
The themes below are not meant to be too prescriptive but should be used as a general guide for submission. However, please note the exceptions also provided.
Theme 1: Biological Dyes
- Medicinal applications of colorants (e.g. PDT)
- Sensors and probes
Theme 2: Modern chromophores
- Design and synthesis of new chromo- and fluoro- phores
- Stimuli responsive systems (e.g. photo-, electro-, mechano-, piezo-, and thermo- chromism)
- Characterization of colorants (NMR, crystallography, colour measurement)
Theme 3: Colorants in Action
- Energy harnessing colorants (e.g. DSSC, photovoltaics)
- Emissive systems (e.g. OLEDs)
- Photocatalysis (e.g. in organic synthesis, polymerisation)
Theme 4: Traditional dyes
- Textile and polymer coloration (e.g. dyeing, printing)
- Traditional Dyes & Pigments (UV – Vis – IR)
Important note – Areas NOT covered
The conference will reflect recent changes in the scope of Dyes & Pigments and therefore contributions in the following areas will NOT be supported.
- Dye wastewater remediation
- Dye decolorisation
- Inorganic pigments
A copy of the abstract template and instructions on how to complete and submit your abstract will be sent once you have registered on the abstract submission site.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.