María Vallet-Regí, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
María Vallet-Regí is a recognised pioneer in the field of mesoporous ceramic materials applied to biomedicine. Her work pointed towards the potential biomedical use of these materials in bone tissue regeneration and drug delivery systems. Her work highlights the importance of multidisciplinary science as a source of creativity and ideas. In the last years, she redirected her research towards nanocarriers in stimuli-responsive systems, making converge bioceramics for bone regeneration and drug delivery, with the fight against infection. Recently she won an ERC Advanced Grant: Polyvalent mesoporous nanosystem for bone diseases (starting on October 1st).
- >650 peer-review papers, 20 books, 34 book chapters, 11 patents.
- h-index: 78 ( 27.974 Citations, Google Scholar) and 66 (21289 Citations,ISI WoS)
- Awards: French Chemical Society Award, Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry Awards (Inorganic Chemistry and Gold Medal), IUPAC Prize, National Prize in Engineering, Regional Prize in Sciences. Prize of Spanish Federation of Chemical Industries.
- Doctor Honoris cause by the Basque Country and Jaume I Universities.
- Member of Spanish Academies of Pharmacy and Engineering, Fellow of the Materials Research Society of India, Member of International College of Fellows of Biomaterials Science and Engineering and Member of the College of Fellows at the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE).
- Member of the Editorial Board of Scientific Journals and Organizer of Scientific Meetings.
- Leader of >90 R&D research projects and scientific networks.
- > 300 plenary/invited lectures in Congresses, Universities and Research Centres.
- Outstanding educator. Pioneer in Spain in the teaching of “Biomaterials”. Supervised over 30 graduation, 10 Master and 20 Ph.D. works.>
- >90 activities of dissemination of science and international cooperation.
View website: www.ucm.es/valletregigroup