Guest editors play a vital role in acquiring content and leading the review process for special issue publications. You can become a guest editor in two ways:
- The journal may invite you as an expert in your specific field of research.
- You can submit a proposal for a special issue to a journal – the senior editor will approve or reject it after consulting the editorial board.
A special issue focuses on a specific area of research that has a broad appeal and falls within the aims and scope of the journal. It also provides an excellent opportunity to review a particular theme, examine previously unaddressed aspects, propose and develop new approaches, exchange perspectives and encourage new lines of research.
- Increased distribution to wider audience
- Additional content for subscribers
- Available in print or electronic format
- Increased citations
Guest editor guide
Elsevier uses an online submission and review system. The submission and peer review of special issue papers must be managed using this system.
Read the guide (in English)