Gold open access:
After publication, the final article is published open access on ScienceDirect and is immediately free to access for everyone. Authors can choose to publish their article with either a commercial (CC BY) or non-commercial (CC BY NC ND) user licence.
- over 170 open access journals
- Over 1850 hybrid journals
Green open access:
After publication, a draft version of an article can be made publicly available after a time delay (also known as an embargo period). No fee is required to be paid by authors, as green open access is supported by the subscription model. Author manuscripts should display a CC BY NC ND user licence.
- All our journals provide an option for authors to self-archive
- 108 journals feature an open archive
- We support CHORUS partners with open manuscripts