Guest editors play a vital role in acquiring content and leading the review process for special issue publications. You can become a guest editor in two ways:
- The journal may invite you as an expert in your specific field of research.
- You can submit a proposal for a special issue to a journal – the senior editor will approve or reject it after consulting with the editorial board.
A special issue focuses on a specific area of research that has a broad appeal and falls within the aims and scopes of the journal. It also provides an excellent opportunity to review a particular theme, examine previously unaddressed aspects, propose and develop new approaches, exchange perspectives and encourage new lines of research.
- Increased distribution to wider audience
- Additional content for subscribers
- Available in print or electronic format
- Increased citations