The Workbook for Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 8th Edition is the perfect chapter-by-chapter learning companion to the market leading text. Filled with engaging activities, review questions, and case studies, it strengthens your critical thinking skills — and helps reinforce key sonography concepts and the latest advances in the field. A variety of question formats, including matching, short answer, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling, accommodate different learning styles. This edition features updated images and scans, in addition to revised content that reflects the newest curriculum standards.
- Review questions presented in a variety of formats, including short answers, multiple-choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling, accommodate different learning styles.
- Image analysis exercises help you identify pathologic conditions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
- Anatomy labeling activities test your ability to recognize anatomic structures in sonographic images.
- A review of key terms and pathology allows you to test your knowledge of the text material.
Part I: Foundations of Sonography
1. Foundations of Clinical Sonography
2. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer
3. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography
4. Introduction to Anatomical Relationships in the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
5. Comparative Sectional Anatomy of the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
6. Basic Ultrasound: Scanning Techniques, Terminology & Tips
7. Artifacts in General Ultrasound Images
PART II: Abdomen
8. Vascular System
10. Gallbladder and the Biliary System
13. Gastrointestinal Tract
14. Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall
15. Urinary System
17. Ultrasound Contrast Agents in the Abdomen
18. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
19. Emergent Ultrasound Procedures
20. Sonographic Techniques in the Transplant Patient
PART III: Superficial Structures
22. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
24. Musculoskeletal System
PART IV: Pediatrics
25. Neonatal & Pediatric Abdomen
26. Neonatal and Pediatric Adrenal & Urinary System
27. Neonatal & Infant Head
28. Infant & Pediatric Hip
29. Neonatal & Infant Spine
PART V: The Thoracic Cavity
30. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity
31. Hemodynamics for the Sonographer
32. Introduction to Echocardiographic Techniques, Termniology & Tips
33. Introduction To Clinical Echo: Left Side Valvular Heart Disease
34. Introduction To Clinical Echo: Pericardial Disease, Cardiomyopathies and Tumors
35. Fetal Echocardiography: Beyond the Four Chambers
36. Fetal Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Disease
Part VI: Cerebrovascular
37. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation
38. Intracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation
39. Peripheral Arterial Evaluation
40. Peripheral Venous Evaluation
PART VII: Gynecology
41. Normal Anatomy and Physiology of the Female Pelvis
42. Sonographic Evaluation of the Female Pelvis
43. Pathology of the Uterus
44. Pathology of the Ovaries
45. Pathology of the Adnexa
46. The Role of Ultrasound in Evaluating Female Infertility
PART VIII: Obstetrics
47. The Role of Sonography in Obstetrics
48. Clinical Ethics for Obstetric Sonography
49. The Normal First Trimester
50. First-Trimester Complications
51. Sonography of the Second and Third Trimesters
52. Obstetric Measurements and Gestational Age
53. Fetal Growth Assessment by Sonography
54. Sonography and High-Risk Pregnancy
55. Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Anomalies
57. Umbilical Cord
58. Amniotic Fluid, Fetal Membranes, and Fetal Hydrops
59. Fetal Face and Neck
60. Chapter 60: Fetal Neural Axis
61. Fetal Thorax
62. Fetal Anterior Abdominal Wall
63. Fetal Abdomen
64. Fetal Urogenital System
65. Fetal Skeleton
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 24th March 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.