The Workbook for Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 8th Edition is the perfect chapter-by-chapter learning companion to the market leading text. Filled with engaging activities, review questions, and case studies, it strengthens your critical thinking skills — and helps reinforce key sonography concepts and the latest advances in the field. A variety of question formats, including matching, short answer, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling, accommodate different learning styles. This edition features updated images and scans, in addition to revised content that reflects the newest curriculum standards.
- Review questions presented in a variety of formats, including short answers, multiple-choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling, accommodate different learning styles.
- Image analysis exercises help you identify pathologic conditions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
- Anatomy labeling activities test your ability to recognize anatomic structures in sonographic images.
- A review of key terms and pathology allows you to test your knowledge of the text material.
Part I: Foundations of Sonography
1. Foundations of Clinical Sonography
2. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer
3. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography
4. Introduction to Anatomical Relationships in the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
5. Comparative Sectional Anatomy of the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
6. Basic Ultrasound: Scanning Techniques, Terminology & Tips
7. Artifacts in General Ultrasound Images
PART II: Abdomen
8. Vascular System
10. Gallbladder and the Biliary System
13. Gastrointestinal Tract
14. Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall
15. Urinary System
17. Ultrasound Contrast Agents in the Abdomen
18. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
19. Emergent Ultrasound Procedures
20. Sonographic Techniques in the Transplant Patient
PART III: Superficial Structures
22. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
24. Musculoskeletal System
PART IV: Pediatrics
25. Neonatal & Pediatric Abdomen
26. Neonatal and Pediatric Adrenal & Urinary System
27. Neonatal & Infant Head
28. Infant & Pediatric Hip
29. Neonatal & Infant Spine
PART V: The Thoracic Cavity
30. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity
31. Hemodynamics for the Sonographer
32. Introduction to Echocardiographic Techniques, Termniology & Tips
33. Introduction To Clinical Echo: Left Side Valvular Heart Disease
34. Introduction To Clinical Echo: Pericardial Disease, Cardiomyopathies and Tumors
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 24th March 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.