The perfect chapter-by-chapter learning companion to Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 7th Edition, this workbook makes it easy to review key sonography concepts and reinforce your understanding of general/abdominal sonography, obstetric/gynecologic sonography, vascular sonography, and echocardiography. A wide variety of activities, review questions, and case studies strengthen your critical thinking skills and help you learn how to successfully apply your knowledge to practice.
- Review questions presented in a variety of formats -- short answers, multiple-choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling -- assess learning at various levels.
- Review of key terms and pathology helps you reinforce your understanding of essential information.
- Anatomy labeling activities test your ability to identify anatomic structures in sonographic images.
- Image analysis exercises familiarize you with conditions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF SONOGRAPHY
1. Foundations of Sonography
2. Introduction to Physical Findings, Physiology, and Laboratory Data
3. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer NEW!
4. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography NEW!
5. Understanding Other Imaging Modalities NEW!
6. Artifacts in Scanning NEW!
Part II: ABDOMEN
7. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Abdominal Cavity
8. Introduction to Abdominal Scanning: Techniques and Protocols
9. The Vascular System
10. The Liver
11. The Gallbladder and the Biliary System
12. The Pancreas
13. The Gastrointestinal Tract
14. The Urinary System
15. The Spleen
16. The Retroperitoneum
17. The Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall
18. Abdominal Applications of Ultrasound Contrast
19. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
20. Emergent Abdominal Ultrasound Procedures
Part III: SUPERFICIAL STRUCTURES
21. The Breast
22. The Thyroid
23. The Scrotum
24. The Musculoskeletal System
Part IV: NEONATAL AND PEDIATRICS
25. Neonatal Echoencephalography
26. The Pediatric Abdomen: Jaundice and Common Surgical Conditions
27. The Neonatal and Pediatric Kidneys and Adrenal Glands
28. The Neonatal and Pediatric Pelvis
29. The Neonatal Hip
30. The Neonatal Spine
Part V: THE THORACIC CAVITY
31. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity
32. Introduction t
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 27th May 2011
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.