As an adjunct to the text, this workbook helps reinforce essential respiratory care A&P concepts learned in the main text. Various learning activities encourage you to use recall, application, and analysis to develop the necessary critical thinking skills. Exercises include listing, matching, and labeling activities; critical thinking questions; case studies; and key concept questions that provide review and practice for the NBRC credentialing exam.
- Direct correlation with the 3rd edition of Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology makes it easy to parallel workbook activities with content from the main text.
- A variety of learning activities include fill-in-the-blank, matching, and labeling exercises to help you assess your knowledge of text content.
- Open-ended critical thinking questions ask you to apply your understanding of text material with a written response.
- Case studies place key subject matter in a clinical context to help you connect theory with practice.
- Key concept questions are NBRC-style multiple choice questions that require recall, application, and analysis.
Section I. The Respiratory System
1. The Airways and Alveoli
2. The Lungs and Chest Wall
3. Mechanics of Ventilation
5. Pulmonary Function Measurements
6. Pulmonary Blood Flow
7. Gas Diffusion
8. Oxygen Equilibrium and Transport
9. Carbon Dioxide Equilibrium and Transport
10. Acid-Base Regulation
11. Control of Ventilation
12. Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships
13. Clinical Assessment of Acid-Base and Oxygenation Status
14. Physiological Basis for Advanced Oxygenation and Lung Protective Strategies
15. NEW! Physiological Basis for Treating Sleep-Disordered Breathing
16. Fetal and Newborn Cardiopulmonary Physiology
Section II: The Cardiovascular System
17. Functional Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
18. Cardiac Electrophysiology
19. The Electrocardiogram and Cardiac Arrhythmias
20. Control of Cardiac Output and Hemodynamics
Section III: The Renal System
21. Filtration, Urine Formation, and Fluid Regulation
22. Electrolyte and Acid-Base Regulation
Section IV: Integrated Responses in Exercise and Aging
23. Cardiopulmonary Response to Exercise in Health and Disease
24. Effects of Aging on the Cardiopulmonary System
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 10th October 2012
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Director
Respiratory Therapy Program
St. Alexius Medical Center and University of Mary Bismarck, North Dakota
Resipratory Therapy Program
St.Alexius Medical Center and The University of Mary Bismarck, North Dakota
Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education
Respiratory Therapy Program
St. Alexius Medical Center and The University of Mary Bismarck, North Dakota
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.