Reinforce your understanding and review essential concepts and procedures in this chapter-by-chapter companion to Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants. A wide variety of exercises and activities help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and ensure success in medication administration.
- Chapter-by-chapter lessons review textbook content to enhance your understanding.
- Exercises in each chapter help you practice what you’ve learned.
- Checklists for each procedure provide valuable self-evaluation.
- The Medication Assistant
3. Ethics and Laws
4. Assisting With the Nursing Process
5. Body Structure and Function
6. Basic Pharmacology
7. Life Span Considerations
8. Medication Orders and Prescriptions
9. Medication Safety
10. Oral, Sublingual, and Buccal Drugs
11. Topical Drugs
12. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Inhaled Drugs
13. Vaginal and Rectal Drugs
14. Drugs Affecting the Nervous System
15. Drugs Used for Mental Health Problems
16. Drugs Used for Seizure Disorders
17. Drugs Used to Manage Pain
18. Drugs Used to Lower Lipids
19. Drugs Used to Treat Hypertension
20. Drugs Used to Treat Dysrhythmias
21. Drugs Used to Treat Angina, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Heart Failure
22. Drugs Used for Diuresis
23. Drugs Used to Treat Thrombo-Embolic Disorders
24. Drugs Used to Treat Respiratory Diseases
25. Drugs Used to Treat Gastro-Esophageal Reflux and Peptic Ulcer Disease
26. Drugs Used to Treat Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, and Diarrhea
27. Drugs Used to Treat Diabetes and Thyroid Disease
28. Cortico-Steroids and Gonadal Hormones
29. Drugs Used for Men’s and Women’s Health
30. Drugs Used to Treat Urinary System Disorders
31. Drugs Used to Treat Eye Disorders
32. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Cancer
33. Drugs Affecting Muscles and Joints
34. Drugs Used to Treat Infections
35. Nutrition and Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2009
- 8th October 2008
- Paperback ISBN:
Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.