- Print ISBN 9780323096225
- Electronic ISBN 9780323292108
- Matching, labeling, short answer, crosswords, calculations, and case study exercises reinforce the most clinically relevant information in the textbook. The wide variety of exercises gives you several ways to assess your knowledge and identify the areas where more practice is needed.
- Critical thinking questions help you apply and analyze content learned from the text.
- NBRC-style questions prepare you for what you will encounter when taking the NBRC credentialing exam.
- Learning objectives reflect the same objectives from the textbook and reinforce the basic concepts to be learned from each chapter.
I. INTRODUCTION to BASIC RESPIRATORY SCIENCE
Chapter 1: Basic Physics for the Respiratory Therapist
Chapter 2: Principles of Infection Control
II. MEDICAL GASES
Chapter 3: Manufacture, Storage, and Transport of Medical Gases
Chapter 4: Administering Medical Gases: Regulators, Flowmeters, and Controlling Devices
III. AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
Chapter 5: Airway Management Devices and ACLS
Chapter 6: Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
Chapter 7: Lung Expansion Therapy Devices
Chapter 8: Assessment of Pulmonary Function
Chapter 9: Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
Chapter 10: Blood Gas Monitoring
Chapter 11: Sleep Diagnostics
V.CRITICAL CARE AND EXTENDED CARE DEVICES
Chapter 12: Introduction to Ventilators
Chapter 13: Mechanical Ventilators: General-Use Devices
Chapter 14: Infant/Pediatric Ventilators
Chapter 15: Home-Care, Transport Devices, Alternative Devices
Chapter 16: Simulation Equipment
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 25th June 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: