Reinforce your understanding of laboratory concepts, terminology, and procedures! Corresponding to the chapters in Laboratory and Diagnostic Testing in Ambulatory Care, 3rd Edition, by Marti Garrels, this workbook provides activities and exercises for additional practice with lab testing skills. Skills check-off sheets track your progress as you become competent with laboratory and diagnostic procedures, and are designed to help you meet government standards for good laboratory practice.
- Chapters are organized into five sections : 1) terminology exercises, 2) review questions for fundamental concepts, 3) procedures, 4) advanced concepts, and 5) check-off procedure sheets for all the procedures presented in the textbook chapter.
- Review exercises test your knowledge of terminology, with exercises challenging you to match vocabulary terms with their definitions and to identify common acronyms.
- Skills checklists ask you to read, perform, and check off each step on the sheet to track your progress as you perform the chapter’s lab procedures and analytical tests.
- A useful appendix includes forms for documenting safety, quality assurance, and CLIA compliance.
- Introduction to the Laboratory and Safety Training
2. Regulations, Microscope Setup, and Quality Assurance
4. Blood Collection
10. Electrocardiography and Spirometry NEW!
Appendix: Forms for Documenting Safety, Quality Assurance, and CLIA Compliance
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 20th November 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Marti Garrels, MSA, MTA (ASCP), CMA (AAMA)
Medical Assisting Program Consultant
Retired Medical Assisting Program Director
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA) Medical Assisting Program Consultant Retired Medical Assisting Program Director Lake Washington Institute of Technology Kirkland, Washington