This workbook reinforces students' understanding of textbook content with numerous exercises, activities, and practice questions. Multiple-choice questions help reinforce content from each chapter. Ordered response questions emphasize proper procedure steps. Critical thinking exercises present a case study to help students apply concepts to practice. The practice exam helps students prepare for certification examination. Over 75 checklists - one for every procedure in the text - assist in mastering the skills necessary for safe patient care.
- Comprehensive chapter-by-chapter companion to the textbook.
- Over 75 procedure checklists allow self-evaluation of skill mastery for safe patient care.
- Wide variety of exercises enhance learning, including multiple-choice and ordered response questions, true/false, short answer, and critical thinking exercises.
- Practice tests allows students to prepare for certification exams.
Unit 1: Introduction to Health Care
1. Today's Health Care
2. The Role of the Patient Care Technician
3. Professionalism and Work Ethics
4. Communicating with the Health Care Team
Unit 2: The Patient
5. Understanding the Patient as a Person
6. Patient Rights, Ethics and Laws
7. Body Structure and Function and Growth and Developement
8. Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
Unit 3: Safety
9. Infection Control
10. Workplace Safety and Body Mechanics
11. Patient Safety
12. Moving, Positioning, and Preventing Falls
13. Basic Emergency Care
Unit 4: Patient Assessment
14. Assisting with the Physical Examination
15. Measuring and Recording Vital Signs
16. Obtaining and Monitoring an Electrocardiogram
Unit 5: Patient Care and Comfort
17. Assisting with Admissions and Discharge
18. Bedmaking and Hygiene
19. Assisting With Grooming
20. Assisting With Nutrition and Fluids
21. Assisting With Urinary Elimination
22. Assisting With Bowel Elimination
23. Assisting with Oxygen Needs
Unit 6: Blood and Specimen Collecting and Testing
24. Blood Collecting and Processing
25. Specimen Collecting and Testing
Unit 7: Surgery and Immobility
26. Care of the Surgical Patient
27. Heat and Cold Applications
28. Care of Wounds and Pressure Ulcers
29. Rehabilitative and Restorative Care
Unit 8: Special Care Concerns and Settings
30. Care of Women and Children
31. Caring for Patients with Dementia
32. Caring for Patients with Special Needs
33. Caring for of the Patient with a Chronic Condition
34. End-of-Life Care
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 27th February 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Former Chair of the Graduate Nursing Program at Liberty University.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.