- Print ISBN 9781455740789
- Electronic ISBN 9780323287241
- Exercises reinforce your understanding of important topics, including x-ray science and techniques; radiation safety; radiographic anatomy, pathology, and positioning of upper and lower extremities, spine, chest and head; patient care; and ancillary clinical skills.
- Over 100 labeling exercises for anatomy and radiographic images help you learn anatomy and gain familiarity with how anatomy appears on radiographic images.
- Section I offers review and practice of limited radiography topics and concepts.
- Section II provides a review guide for the ARRT exam with guidelines for exam prep, the ARRT content specifications for the Examination for the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography, plus a mock exam.
- Section III is a preparation guide for the ARRT Bone Densitometry Equipment Operators Exam and includes study guidelines, ARRT content specifications, and a mock exam.
1. Role of the Limited X-Ray Machine Operator
2. Introduction to Radiographic Equipment
3. Basic Mathematics
4. Basic Physics of Radiography
5. X-Ray Production
6. X-Ray Circuit and Tube Heat Management
7. Principles of Exposure and Image Quality
8. Digital Image Receptor Systems
9. Scatter Radiation and Its Control
10. Formulating X-Ray Techniques
11. Radiobiology and Radiation Safety
12. Introduction to Anatomy, Positioning, and Pathology
13. Upper Extremity and Shoulder Girdle
14. Lower Extremity and Pelvis
16. Bony Thorax, Chest, and Abdomen
17. Skull, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses
18. Radiography of Pediatric and Geriatric Patients
19. Film Critique
20. Ethics, Legal Considerations, and Professionalism
21. Safety and Infection Control
22. Assessing Patients and Managing Acute Situations
23. Medications and Their Administration
24. Medical Laboratory Skills
25. Additional Procedures for Assessment and Diagnosis
26. Bone Densitometry
Preparation Guide for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Examination for the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography
Preparation Guide for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Examination for Bone Densitometry Equipment Operators
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 6th December 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: