Review important sonography learnings with Curry and Prince’s Workbook for Sonography: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function, 5th Edition. This well-constructed review tool supports and completes the main text by providing an excellent introduction to sonography while preparing users to accurately identify sonographic pathology and abnormalities. Each workbook chapter opens with review questions on material from the corresponding chapter in the main text. Review questions are followed by drawings from the text — with parallel sonograms where appropriate — that include leader lines to label structures, but not the labels themselves. Workbook users will fill in the labels to identify structures in the drawings and sonograms, reinforcing visual and auditory learning from the text. Answers can be looked up in both the workbook appendix and by comparing the workbook figures to the labeled figures in the main text.
- Unlabeled line drawings and images from every chapter provide reinforcement of what you should be noticing on the scan.
- Direct correlation with each chapter from the main text enables immediate, thorough review of material.
- Review questions test your knowledge of the information learned in the text.
Section I: Clinical Applications
1. Before, During, and After the Ultrasound Examination
2. Ultrasound Instrumentation: “Knobology,” Imaging Processing, and Storage
3. General Patient Care
4. Introduction to Ergonomics and Sonographer Safety
Section II: Sonographic Approach to Understanding Anatomy
5. Interdependent Body Systems
6. Anatomy Layering and Sectional Anatomy
8. Introduction to Laboratory Values
Section III: Abdominal Sonography
9. The Abdominal Aorta
10. The Inferior Vena Cava
11. The Portal Venous System
12. The Liver
13. The Biliary System
14. The Pancreas
15. The Urinary and Adrenal System
16. Abdominal Vasculature Flow Dynamics
17. The Spleen
18. The Gastrointestinal System
Section IV: Pelvic Sonography
19. The Male Pelvis: Prostate Gland and Seminal Vesicles Sonography
20. The Female Pelvis
Section V: Obstetric and Neonatal Sonography
21. First Trimester Obstetrics (0 to 12 Weeks)
22. Second and Third Trimester Obstetrics (13 to 42 Weeks)
23. High-Risk Obstetrics
24. Fetal Echocardiography
25. The Neonatal Brain
Section VI: Small Parts Sonography
26. The Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
27. Breast Sonography
28. Scrotal and Penile Sonography
Section VIII: Specialty Sonography
29. Pediatric Echocardiography
30. Adult Echocardiography
31. Vascular Technology
Section IX: Advances in Sonography
32. 3D/4D/5D Sonography
33. Interventional and Intraoperative Sonography
34. Musculoskeletal Sonography
35. Pediatric Sonography
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2021
- 20th October 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Executive Director of Community Partnerships, H201 Stockton Center for Community Schools, School of Education, Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.