Get the most out of Sorrentino's Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 8th Edition, and prepare for your certification exam! This chapter-by-chapter workbook and competency evaluation review reinforces your understanding of textbook content with numerous exercises and activities. It includes over 100 checklists -- one for every procedure in the text. The competency evaluation review helps you prepare for the certification exam with content review, skills evaluation review, and practice exams.
- Comprehensive coverage corresponds chapter-by-chapter to the textbook.
- A wide variety of exercises enhances learning and keeps you interested.
- Over 100 procedure checklists allow step-by-step review of each procedure and for instructor and/or self-evaluation.
- Optional learning exercises are provided for longer programs and/or higher-level students.
- Independent learning activities in every chapter allow additional review and practice.
- Competency evaluation review section includes content review and review questions for all key topics as well as two practice exams that help to prepare you for the written certification exam; the skills evaluation review helps you practice the procedures you may be required to perform for certification.
1. Introduction to Health Care Agencies
2. The Person's Rights NEW!
3. The Nursing Assistant
4. Ethics and Laws
5. Work Ethics
6. Communicating With the Health Team
7. Assisting With the Nursing Process
8. Understanding the Person
9. Body Structure and Function
10. Growth and Development
11. Care of the Older Person
13. Preventing Falls
14. Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use
15. Preventing Infection
16. Body Mechanics
17. Safely Moving and Transferring the Person
18. The Person's Unit
20. Personal Hygiene
22. Urinary Elimination
23. Bowel Elimination
24. Nutrition and Fluids
25. Nutritional Support and IV Therapy
26. Measuring Vital Signs
27. Exercise and Activity
28. Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
29. Admissions, Transfers, and Discharges
30. Assisting With the Physical Examination
31. Collecting and Testing Specimens
32. The Person Having Surgery
33. Wound Care
34. Pressure Ulcers NEW!
35. Heat and Cold Applications
36. Oxygen Needs
37. Respiratory Support and Therapies
38. Rehabilitation and Restorative Nursing Care
39. Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems
40. Cancer, Immune System, and Skin Disorders
41. Nervous and Musculoskeletal Disorders
42. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disorders
43. Digestive and Endocrine Disorders
44. Urinary and Reproductive Disorders
45. Mental Health Problems
46. Confusion and Dementia
47. Developmental Disabilities
49. Caring for Mothers and Newborns
50. Assisted Living
51. Basic Emergency Care
52. End of Life Care
Competency Evaluation Review
--Textbook Chapters Review for Competency Evaluation Review
--Practice Examination 1
--Practice Examination 2
--Skills Evaluation Review
--Answers to Competency Review Questions
--Answers to Pra
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 22nd December 2011
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ
Clinical Instructor, Capital Area School of Practical Nursing, Springfield, IL
Professor Emeritus, Kankakee Community College, Kankakee, IL; Parish Nurse, Wesley United Methodist Church, Bradley, IL