Williams’ Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy is a market leader for a reason — it provides coverage of hot topics, emerging trends, and cutting edge research, plus all the essentials for providing the best nutrition care. You’ll love it for the clear, conversational writing style and vivid illustrations that guide you from fundamental concepts of nutrition to the application of those concepts in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Content threads share features with other LPN/LVN titles from Elsevier for a consistent learning experience.
- Case studies in clinical care chapters focus on related patient care problems.
- Critical thinking questions challenge you to analyze, apply, and combine concepts.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss how a patient's culture can affect nutritional concepts in practice.
- Clinical Applications and For Further Focus boxes highlight hot topics and analyze concepts and trends in depth.
- Chapter Challenges use true/false, multiple-choice, and matching questions to test your understanding of chapter content.
- Key concepts, key terms, and chapter summaries help you study more effectively and master essential content.
- Diet therapy guidelines include recommendations, restrictions, and sample diets for a number of major clinical conditions.
- Further Readings and Resources in each chapter provide focused and up-to-date print, multimedia, and online resources to supplement learning.
- Useful appendixes include information on cholesterol content, fiber content, cultural and religious dietary patterns, and more.
PART 1: Introduction to Basic Principles of Nutritional Science
- Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Digestion, Absorption, Transport, and Metabolism
- Energy Balance
- Water Balance
- Nutrition during Pregnancy and Lactation
- Nutrition in Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
- Nutrition for Adults: The Early, Middle, and Later Years
- Community Food Supply and Health
- Food Habits and Cultural Patterns
- Weight Management
- Nutrition and Physical Fitness
- Nutritional Care
- Gastrointestinal and Accessory Organ Problems
- Coronary Heart Disease and Hypertension
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Kidney Disease
- Surgery and Nutrition Support
- Nutrition Support in Cancer and HIV/AIDS
PART 2: Nutrition throughout the Life Cycle
PART 3: Community Nutrition and Health Care
PART 4: Clinical Nutrition
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 1st September 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: