Comprehensive and readable, Whitcup and Nussenblatt's Uveitis, 5th Edition, covers every aspect of this complex subspecialty in a single convenient volume. This clinically relevant guide covers the medical, pharmacological, and surgical treatment of uveitis in a visually rich, full-color format, offering a complete overview for today’s clinicians. New and updated case studies, key points boxes, and more than 400 images and graphics highlight major clinical points and provide insight into real situations that you can apply in practice.
PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS
- Elements of the Immune System and Concepts of Intraocular
Inﬂammatory Disease Pathogenesis 1
- Medical History in the Patient with Uveitis
- Examination of the Patient with Uveitis
- Development of a Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Testing and Imaging
- Optical Coherence Tomography in Uveitis
- Evidence-Based Medicine in Uveitis
- Approaches to Medical Therapy
- Role of Surgery in the Patient with Uveitis
- Bacterial and Fungal Diseases
- Spirochetal Diseases
- Acquired Immunodeﬁciency Syndrome
- Acute Retinal Necrosis and Progressive Outer Retinal Necrosis
- Other Viral Diseases
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Ocular Histoplasmosis
- Ocular toxacariasis
- Onchocerciasis and Other Parasitic Diseases
- Postsurgical Uveitis
- Anterior Uveitis
- Intermediate Uveitis
- Sympathetic Ophthalmia
- Vogt–Koyanagi–Harada Syndrome
- Birdshot Chorioretinopathy
- Behçet’s Disease
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Serpiginous Choroidopathy
- White-Dot Syndromes
- Masquerade Syndromes
PART 2: DIAGNOSIS
PART 3: MEDICAL THERAPY AND SURGICAL INTERVENTION
PART 4: INFECTIOUS UVEITIC CONDITIONS
PART 5: NON INFECTIOUS UVEITIC CONDITIONS
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 31st March 2021
- Hardcover ISBN:
Founder and CEO Akrivista and Whitecap Biosciences, Irvine, California; Clinical Faculty, UCLA Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.