* Examines the causes and aftermaths of numerous plant disasters - most of which could have been prevented
* Case histories illustrate what went wrong, why it went wrong, and then guide you in how to circumvent similar tragedies
Table of Contents
- Acknowledgments. Preface. Units and nomenclature. Preparation for maintenance. Modifications. Accidents caused by human error. Labeling. Storage tanks. Stacks. Leaks. Liquefied flammable gases. Pipe and vessel failures. Other equipment. Entry to vessels. Hazards of common materials. Tank trucks and cars. Testing of trips and other protective systems. Static electricity. Materials of construction. Operating methods. Reverse flow and other unforeseen deviations. I didn't know that. Problems with computer control. Inherently safer design. Reactions-planned and unplanned. A final word. Recommended reading. Index.
- No. of pages: 432
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Gulf Professional Publishing 1998
- Published: June 23, 1998
- Imprint: Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780080524238
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "What Went Wrong?"