Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Well Control for Completions and Interventions explores the standards that ensure safe and efficient production flow, well integrity and well control for oil rigs, focusing on the post-Macondo environment where tighter regulations and new standards are in place worldwide. Too many training facilities currently focus only on the drilling side of the well’s cycle when teaching well control, hence the need for this informative guide on the topic.
This long-awaited manual for engineers and managers involved in the well completion and intervention side of a well’s life covers the fundamentals of design, equipment and completion fluids. In addition, the book covers more important and distinguishing components, such as well barriers and integrity envelopes, well kill methods specific to well completion, and other forms of operations that involve completion, like pumping and stimulation (including hydraulic fracturing and shale), coiled tubing, wireline, and subsea intervention.
- Provides a training guide focused on well completion and intervention
- Includes coverage of subsea and fracturing operations
- Presents proper well kill procedures
- Allows readers to quickly get up-to-speed on today’s regulations post-Macondo for well integrity, barrier management and other critical operation components
Well Intervention Engineers, Well Site Supervisors, Intervention Operation Supervisors, Completion Engineers and Managers, Well Designers, Petroleum Engineers, Rig Managers, Environmental Engineers, Production Advisors, Well Control Advisors, Oil and Gas Consultants, Graduate level Petroleum Engineering Students
2. Well Construction and Completion Design
3. Completion Equipment
4. Well Control Surface Equipment
6. Well Control Barriers and Integrity Envelopes
7. Kick Detection and Well Kill Methods During Workover and Completion Operations
8. Pumping and Stimulation
10. Coiled Tubing
11. Hydraulic Workover
12. Well Testing
13. Subsea Equipment
14. Well Testing Subsea Completions and Interventions
15. Well Testing Subsea Intervention Vessel (Riserless) Operations
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2018
- 5th April 2018
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Howard Crumpton is a Well Completions and Interventions Engineer with over 35 years of experience in worldwide completion and intervention operations from land, offshore, and subsea. He is also an experienced oil and gas trainer, teaching more than 100 completion, intervention, and well control courses around the world for major companies such as BP, Shell, and Total. He authored Shell's internal well control manual that is still in use today. Prior to that, he has assisted and designed a number of completion, production, and extended reach wells for many companies including BP, TRACS, Integrated Well Services, Thistle Well Services, Camco Service International and Otis Pressure Control.
Well Completion and Intervention Consultant, Point Five (Well Services), Ltd