- Provides a detailed review of both established and new techniques for magnesium alloys welding and their characteristics, limitations and applications
- Both the weldability of magnesium alloys and weldability to other metals is assessed as well as the preparation required for welding featuring surface treatment
- Particular welding and joining technologies are explored in detail with particular chapters examining hybrid laser-arc welding, laser welding and resistance spot welding
Table of Contents
- Part 1 General: Introduction to the welding and joining of magnesium; Welding metallurgy of magnesium alloys; Preparation for welding of magnesium alloys; Welding materials for magnesium alloys; Welding and joining of magnesium alloys to aluminium alloys; The joining of magnesium alloys to steel; Corrosion and protection of magnesium alloy welds. Part 2 Particular welding and joining techniques: Brazing and soldering of magnesium alloys; Mechanical joining of magnesium alloys; Adhesive bonding of magnesium alloys; Gas-tungsten arc welding (GTAW) of magnesium alloys; Metal inert gas welding (MIG) of magnesium alloys; Variable polarity plasma arc welding of magnesium alloys; Hybrid laser-arc welding of magnesium alloys; Activating flux tungsten inert gas (A-TIG) of magnesium alloys; Friction stir welding of magnesium alloys; Laser welding of magnesium alloys; Resistance spot welding of magnesium alloys; Electro-magnetic welding of Mg alloys.
- No. of pages: 404
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: October 28, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780857090423
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Welding and Joining of Magnesium Alloys"