Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to Fashion and Textile Waste
2. Problems and Hazards of Textile and Fashion Waste
3. Management of Spinning and Weaving Waste
4. Management of Wastes in Garment Manufacturing
5. Technologies for the Management of Waste Water Generated in Wet Processing
6. Management of Air Quality
7. Management of E-waste
8. Packaging Waste and their Management Technologies
9. End of Life Clothes and their Management
10. Organisations and Standards Relating to Waste Management
11. Automotive Waste Management Technologies
12. Management of Coated and Laminated Textile Wastes
13. Management of Protective Clothing Waste
14. Management of other Fashion Wastes
15. Recycling of Plastics, Composite Materials
16. Bioplastics and Bio Composites and their Recycling and Degradation Technologies
Waste Management in the Textiles Industry explores and explains the latest technologies and best practices for an integrated approach to the management and treatment of wastes generated in this industry.
- Provides a strong technological analysis of the manufacturing supply chain, including spinning, fabric production, finishing, garment manufacture, and the packaging of clothing
- Explains how textile technology perspectives feed into management decision-making about sustainability
- Addresses the industry’s impact on air and water quality and landfill waste
Textile engineers, environmental engineers, and chemical engineers with environmental management responsibilities, in the textiles industry. Researchers interested in waste management or life cycle assessment.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st January 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Rajkishore Nayak is currently working as a senior lecturer (Fashion Merchandising) at the Centre of Communication and Design, RMIT University, Vietnam. He completed his PhD from the School of Fashion and Textiles, RMIT University, Australia. He has around 15 years of experience in teaching and research related to Fashion and Textiles. He published about 90 peer-reviewed papers in national and international journals. Recently, Rajkishore was awarded with the "RMIT University Research Excellence Award-2015". He also received the "RMIT University Teaching and Research Excellence Award-2012" and "RMIT University International Scholarship-2008". He worked with the School of Fashion and Textiles, RMIT University, Australia from 2012-2016 in teaching and research.
Senior Lecturer (Fashion Merchandising) Centre of Communication and Design, RMIT University, Vietnam
Asis Patnaik works in the HoD: Department of Clothing and Textile Technology (Acting), Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment in Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
HoD: Department of Clothing and Textile Technology (Acting), Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.