Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. WEEE characterization, division and regulation
2. WEEE generation and the consequences of this waste disposal
3. Current WEEEs recycling solutions
4. Hydrometallurgical processing of waste printed circuit boards (WPCBs)
5. Improvements of cyanidation process for precious metals recovery from WPCBs
6. Treatment of spent fluorescent lamps, cathode-ray tubes and spent catalysts hydrometallurgical procedures
7. Spent LCD panels processing by hydrometallurgical methods
8. Hydrometallurgy in recycling of spent NdFeB permanent magnets
9. Current legislation and methods of treatment of waste waters coming from WEEEs processing
10. Bio-metallurgical methods for WPCBs treatment
11. Recovery of precious metals by ionic liquids
12. Application of ionometallurgy for rare earths recovery from WEEE
13. HydroWEEE Project
14. Conclusions and suggestions for further actions
Water Electrical and Electronic Equipment Recycling: Aqueous Recovery Methods provides data regarding the implementation of aqueous methods of processing of WEEEs at the industrial level. Chapters explore points-of-view of worldwide researchers and research project managers with respect to new research developments and how to improve processing technologies. The text is divided into two parts, with the first section addressing the new research regarding the hydrometallurgical procedures adopted from minerals processing technologies. Other sections cover green chemistry, bio-metallurgy applications for WEEE treatment and the current developed aqueous methods at industrial scale. A conclusion summarizes existing research with suggestions for future actions.
- Provides a one-stop reference for hydrometallurgical processes of metal recovery from WEEE
- Includes methods presented through intended applications, including waste printed circuit boards, LCD panels, lighting and more
- Contains suggestions and recommendations for future actions and research prospects
Researchers in materials engineering, chemical engineering, metallurgical engineering, electrical engineering, and environmental engineering focused on WEEE
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 18th May 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Francesco Veglio is currently a professor of Theory and Development of Chemical Processes and President of Teaching Activities in Industrial Engineering at The University of L’Aquila. Author 1: Francesco Veglio Mailing Address: Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione e di Economia, Università degli Studi di L’Aquila, 67040 Monteluco di Roio, L’Aquila, Italy Phone Number: Tel. +39 0862 43 4223 Email Address: email@example.com
Professor, Theory and Development of Chemical Processes and President, Teaching Activities in Industrial Engineering, The University of L’Aquila
Ionela Birloaga Mailing Address: S. 615, L’Aquila, 61700, Italy
The University of L’Aquila, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.