Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- The General Problems
2. Linear Equations
3. Existence Properties
4. History, Examples and Motivation
5. Instability, Stability and Perturbations
6. Stability and Boundedness
7. The Resolvent
8. Functional Differential Equations
Most mathematicians, engineers, and many other scientists are well-acquainted with theory and application of ordinary differential equations. This book seeks to present Volterra integral and functional differential equations in that same framwork, allowing the readers to parlay their knowledge of ordinary differential equations into theory and application of the more general problems. Thus, the presentation starts slowly with very familiar concepts and shows how these are generalized in a natural way to problems involving a memory. Liapunov's direct method is gently introduced and applied to many particular examples in ordinary differential equations, Volterra integro-differential equations, and functional differential equations.
By Chapter 7 the momentum has built until we are looking at problems on the frontier. Chapter 7 is entirely new, dealing with fundamental problems of the resolvent, Floquet theory, and total stability. Chapter 8 presents a solid foundation for the theory of functional differential equations. Many recent results on stability and periodic solutions of functional differential equations are given and unsolved problems are stated.
- Smooth transition from ordinary differential equations to integral and functional differential equations
- Unification of the theories, methods, and applications of ordinary and functional differential equations
- Large collection of examples of Liapunov functions
- Description of the history of stability theory leading up to unsolved problems
- Applications of the resolvent to stability and periodic problems
University libraries. Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Faculties within Universities. Industrial Mathematics, Science and Engineering departments in aerospace companies
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2005
- 1st April 2005
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Northwest Research Institute
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.