By Chapter 7 the momentum has built until we are looking at problems on the frontier. Chapter 7 is entirely new, dealing with fundamental problems of the resolvent, Floquet theory, and total stability. Chapter 8 presents a solid foundation for the theory of functional differential equations. Many recent results on stability and periodic solutions of functional differential equations are given and unsolved problems are stated.
- Smooth transition from ordinary differential equations to integral and functional differential equations.
- Unification of the theories, methods, and applications of ordinary and functional differential equations.
- Large collection of examples of Liapunov functions.
- Description of the history of stability theory leading up to unsolved problems.
- Applications of the resolvent to stability and periodic problems.