Virtual Patient Encounters is a breakthrough in EMS education! Users can get real-world prehospital experience without leaving the classroom or home! The Virtual Patient Encounters learning triad - a textbook, interactive patient simulation software, and a study guide that ties everything together - offers a state-of-the-art tool for developing critical thinking skills. Users can apply what they're learning in Mosby's EMT-Intermediate Textbook for the 1999 National Standard Curriculum, 3rd Edition, Revised Reprint on 15 virtual patients in a variety of prehospital environments. It's an incredible opportunity to make real patient care decisions in a safe environment!
- An extraordinary study guide that helps students take the knowledge they learn in Mosby's EMT-Intermediate Textbook for the 1999 National Standard Curriculum, 3rd Edition, Revised Reprint and apply it to 15 complex patient care scenarios in a virtual prehospital setting - promoting mastery of NSC competencies.
- Utilizes interactive patient care simulation software, featuring scenario-setting videos, virtual assessment tools, treatment protocols, emergency drug information, intervention wizards, and more.
- Serves as a bridge between the classroom and clinicals - so students truly understand how theory applies to situations they'll face in the real world.
- Presents realistic emerging conditions that are a direct result of students' interventions.
- Provides hands-on learning - making it easy for audio, visual and kinesthetic learners.
- Offers students peace of mind - preparing them for clinicals by removing the risk of harming real patients and building their confidence throughout the course.
- Makes assessment of students easy - instructors can gauge student comprehension and ability to think critically through study guide exercises and logs from the software.
- Provides the opportunity for class discussion on the same patient - so the entire class can discuss learning points of each virtual patient and their outcomes.
Orientation to Virtual Patient Encounters
DIVISION ONE: PREPARATORY
Lesson 1: Foundations of EMT-Intermediate (Chapter 1)
Lesson 2: Your Well-Being (Chapter 2)
Lesson 3: Medical-Legal Aspects (Chapter 3)
Lesson 4: Overview of Human Systems (Chapter 4)
Lesson 5: Emergency Pharmacology (Chapter 5)
Lesson 6: Venous Access (Chapter 6)
Lesson 7: Medication Math (Chapter 7)
Lesson 8: Medication Administration (Chapter 8)
DIVISION TWO: AIRWAY
Lesson 9: Airway Management (Chapter 9)
DIVISION THREE: PATIENT ASSESSMENT
Lesson 10: History Taking (Chapter 10)
Lesson 11: Techniques of Physical Examination (Chapter 11)
Lesson 12: Patient Assessment (Chapter 12)
Lesson 13: Clinical Decision Making (Chapter 13)
Lesson 14: Communications (Chapter 14)
Lesson 15: Documentation (Chapter 15)
DIVISION FOUR: TRAUMA
Lesson 16: Trauma Systems and Mechanism of Injury (Chapter 16)
Lesson 17: Multisystem Trauma (Chapters 17, 19, 20, and 21)
Lesson 18: Burns (Chapter 18)
DIVISION FIVE: MEDICAL
Lesson 19: Respiratory Emergencies (Chapter 22)
Lesson 20: Cardiology I (Chapters 23 and 24)
Lesson 21: Cardiology II (Chapter 24)
Lesson 22: Diabetic Emergencies (Chapter 25)
Lesson 23: Allergic Reactions (Chapter 26)
Lesson 24: Poisoning and Overdose Emergencies (Chapter 27)
Lesson 25: Neurological Emergencies (Chapter 28)
Lesson 26: Nontraumatic Abdominal Emergencies (Chapters 29)
Lesson 27: Environmental Emergencies (Chapter 30)
Lesson 28: Behavioral Emergencies and Substance Abuse (Chapter 31)
Lesson 29: Gynecological Emergencies (Chapter 32)
DIVISION SIX: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS
* Lesson 30: Obstetrical
- © Mosby/JEMS 2012
- 1st March 2012
- eBook ISBN: