Students develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills needed to confidently succeed in practice with Virtual Medical Office for Medical Assisting. Virtual Medical Office for Medical Assisting includes 15 virtual patient encounters to help students develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills they’ll need in externships and on the job. This innovative learning system simulates the experience of working in a real medical office with an engaging study guide and interactive lessons that enable students to make decisions and learn from mistakes in a realistic and completely safe environment.
15 unique cases highlight CAAHEP and ABHES competencies with specific exercises relating to different payers, different billing situations, and common errors
- Nearly two hours of video include five videos for each case: one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at checkout, providing you with opportunities to practice and learn how patients are processed through the medical office.
- Realistic data includes medical records for each case, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- Study guide available in print and on Evolve promotes active learning and encourages critical thinking as you experience realistic patient interaction and perfect communication skills.
- Practice working with realistic documents and information sources, assess you progress and compares results with experts through integrated performance reviews.
- An easy-to-use interface helps you learn at your own pace, breaking lessons into manageable chunks.
- Online lessons allows you to complete assignments and submit them electronically to instructors.
- A detailed office tour makes it easier for you to use the VMO software and the online study guide.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 16th October 2015
- Paperback ISBN: