- Electronic ISBN 9780323228701
- 15 unique cases highlight CAAHEP and ABHES competencies with specific exercises relating to different payers, different billing situations, and common coding errors.
- More than two hours of video clips include five videos for each case: one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at checkout..
- Realistic information resources include medical records for each case, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- A study guide (available in print and on the companion Evolve website):
- Complements textbook content through lessons that correlate reading assignments with patients in the virtual practice.
- Promotes active learning as you collect information from a variety of sources to make coding and billing decisions.
- Encourages critical thinking as you discuss and troubleshoot the documentation of the medical records.
- Contains common coding errors that you must spot and correct, as in real practice.
- Augments knowledge of HIPAA by comparing the policy manual, the contents of each case's medical record, and what actually happens in the videos.
- Makes lessons available online, allowing you to complete assignments and submit them electronically to your instructor.
Quick Office Tour
Detailed Office Tour
Lesson 1: Role of an Insurance Billing Specialist
Lesson 2: HIPAA Compliance and Privacy in Insurance Billing
Lesson 3: Basics of Health Insurance
Lesson 4: Medical Documentation
Lesson 5: Diagnostic Coding
Lesson 6: Procedural Coding
Lesson 7: The Paper Claim CMS-1500
Lesson 8: Electronic Data Interchange: Transactions and Security
Lesson 9: Receiving Payments and Insurance Problem Solving
Lesson 10: Office and Insurance Collection Strategies
Lesson 11: The Blue Plans, Private Insurance, and Managed Care Plans
Lesson 12: Medicare
Lesson 13: Medicaid and Other State Programs
Lesson 14: TRICARE and CHAMPVA
Lesson 15: Workers' Compensation
Lesson 16: Disability Income Insurance and Disability Benefit Programs
Lesson 17: Hospital Billing
Lesson 18: Seeking a Job and Attaining Professional Advancement
- Electronic ISBN: