- Print ISBN 9780323239813
Integrates text reading assignments with study guide lessons that direct you to the VMO software online.
- Software includes 15 unique cases, each designed to highlight a different combination of medical assisting competencies as defined by CAAHEP and ABHES.
- Immerses you in a realistic yet safe environment.
- Software contains complete medical charts for each patient, including extensive back histories, giving you plenty of material to use for practicing coding and filing claims.
- Each software case includes 5 videos (one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at check-out), offering you a rare opportunity to step into the shoes of billable service providers and compare what is documented against what actually happens in the video.
- Interface tested and designed to match computer experience level of coding and billing students.
- Performance summary allows you to compare your decisions for each case with the expert’s and evaluate any differences between the two.
- Each study guide lesson focuses on a few objectives, to create brief (20-30 minutes of "seat time"), manageable learning experiences.
- Promotes active learning as you collect information from a variety of sources to make decisions about each case’s care.
- Encourages critical thinking as you discuss and critique the performance of the medical assistants in the videos.
- Study Guide Lessons available online allows you to complete your assignments and submit them electronically to your instructor.
Quick Office Tour
Detailed Office Tour
Lesson One: The Medical Record (Chapter 1)
Lesson Two: Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard (Chapter 2)
Lesson Three: Regulated Medical Waste (Chapter 2)
Lesson Four: Sterilization and Disinfection (Chapters 3 and 10)
Lesson Five: Obtaining Vital Signs (Chapter 4)
Lesson Six: Preparing and Maintaining Examination and Treatment Areas (Chapter 5)
Lesson Seven: Preparing the Patient and Assisting with a Routine Physical Examination (Chapter 5)
Lesson Eight: Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures (Chapter 6)
Lesson Nine: Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing (Chapter 7)
Lesson Ten: The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care (Chapter 8)
Lesson Eleven: The Pediatric Examination (Chapter 9)
Lesson Twelve: Assisting with Minor Office Surgery (Chapter 10)
Lesson Thirteen: Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy (Chapter 11)
Lesson Fourteen: Cardiopulmonary Procedures: Electrocardiogram (Chapter 12)
Lesson Fifteen: Respiratory Testing (Chapter 12)
Lesson Sixteen: Fecal Specimen Collection (Chapter 13)
Lesson Seventeen: Medical Microbiology (Chapters 15 and 20)
Lesson Eighteen: Clean-Catch Urine (Chapter 16)
Lesson Nineteen: Urinalysis (Chapter 16)
Lesson Twenty: Capillary and Venipuncture Procedures (Chapter 17)
Lesson Twenty-One: Hematology Testing (Chapters 15, 17, and 18)
Lesson Twenty-Two: Performing Blood Chemistry Testing (Chapter 19)
- No. of pages:
- © 2015
- 28th February 2014
- Print ISBN: