- 400 high-quality color photographs help you quickly become familiar with instruments.
- A flip book, flashcard format makes it easy to learn veterinary instruments and equipment.
- Coverage of surgical instruments includes general instruments such as hemostats, forceps, and scissors, and describes orthopedic, ophthalmic, and dental instruments used in veterinary specialty surgeries.
- Coverage of restraint equipment includes proper restraint techniques for all species of large and small animals.
- Instruments and equipment shown for common procedures for small and large animals, including bovine, equine, sheep, pigs, and goats, and include procedures such as dehorning, hoof care, castration, and teat and obstetrical procedures.
- An Evolve companion website includes all of the photos from the book plus images of 30 instruments in a zoom-and-rotate format, allowing you to focus in on instrument details including the different tips.
- Two pages are allotted to each instrument, with the top page including a photo and the bottom page including the instrument’s name, functions, and characteristics.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay flat or fold over so that only the instrument or description is visible.
1. Instruments for the Administration of Medicine
2. Diagnostic Instruments
3. Instruments for Small Animals
4. Instruments for the Identification of Animals
5. Instruments Used for Bovines
6. Instruments for Dehorning Animals
7. Tubes and Intravenous and Urinary Catheters
8. Instruments for Castration of Large Animals
9. Obstetrical Instruments for Large Animals
10. Instruments for Hoof Care
11. Instruments Used in Equines
12. Instruments Used for Pigs, Sheep, and Goats
13. Restraint Equipment for Canines and Felines
Part 2: Surgical Instruments
14. Hemostats and Forceps
15. Instruments in Surgical Packs
16. Needle Holders and Scissors
17. Miscellaneous Surgical Instruments and Equipment
18. Retractors and Rib Spreaders
19. Orthopedic Instruments
20. Ophthalmic Instruments
21. Dental Instruments
22. Teat Instruments
23. Care of Instruments
Appendix A: Veterinary Equipment and Instruments