With a focus on birds, reptiles, and mammals, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: Avian and Exotic Pets discusses veterinary diagnostic imaging and new technologies for multiple modalities to help you accurately diagnose and pinpoint common injuries and disease. Divided into three sections — Birds, Mammals, and Reptiles — each section includes valuable information on positioning for specific structures, imaging findings, and more for each species with a wealth of photographs to provide real-life examples.
- Atlas-sized radiographs allow you to easily visualize the injury or indication of disease.
- Comparison radiographs display a normal image with an abnormal image to highlight differences and help you identify abnormalities in practice.
- “Telescopic” images provide close-up views of larger radiographs to help you identify salient points visible in the radiograph.
- Content tailored to each species highlights the common injuries and diseases for each avian and exotic species.
- Discussions of multiple modalities including ultrasound, MRI, and CT provide all the information you need for diagnostic imaging in one resource.
Section I: Birds
1. Avian Radiography and Radiographic Diagnosis
2. Wild Birds
3. Cage Birds
4. The Wing: Particulars of Flight
5. The Wing: Normal Gross Anatomy
6. The Wing: Radiography and Normal Radiographic Anatomy
7. The Wing: Normal Computed Tomographic Anatomy
8. The Wing: An Overview of Wing Injuries
9. The Wing: Fracture Types and Tendencies
10. The Wing: Fracture Healing and Non-Healing
11. The Wing: Soft Tissue Injuries
12. The Wing: Dislocation, Fracture-Dislocation, Traumatic Amputation and Avulsion
13. The Wing: Gunshots
14. The Wing: Infections
15. The Wing: Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis
16. Spine, Pelvis and Hips
17. The Leg
18. The Head
19. The Throat and Neck
20. The Torso
Section II: The Mammals
21. Guinea Pigs
24. Chinchillas, Dagus and Gophers
28. Skunks, Squirrels, Raccoons and Armadillos
29. Monkeys and Other Non-Human Primates
30. Acreage Pets: Alpacas, Llamas, Miniature Horses, Miniature Goats and Pot-Bellied Pigs
31. Performance and Demonstration Pets: Bear and Bison
Section III: The Reptiles
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2009
- 28th May 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: