Focusing on the horse, this practical text is the second in a series of three to focus on veterinary diagnostic imaging and the new technologies available to help diagnose and pinpoint disease. Like Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Horse is organized by region with specific structures addressed within each region. Coverage includes background information, normal anatomy, and positioning for specific structures, followed by imaging findings and specific problems such as trauma/fracture, infection and neoplasm. The main focus of this book is radiology, with supplementary information on ultrasound, CT, and MRI.
- Includes Radiographic Diagnostic Indicators (RDIs), a versatile set of potential radiographic observations that, when used in combination, can often lead to a radiographic diagnosis.
- Features normal radiographs pictured near abnormal images for comparison.
- Provides telescopic images that provide both orientation and close-up views to help readers identify key points of the radiograph.
- Offers diagnosis at a glance with concise one or two word diagnoses in bold within each legend for quick reference.
- Features Emphasis Zones that electronically enhance regions of interest in more complex images.
I. Principles of Diagnostic Imaging
II. The Throat
III. The Neck
IV. The Thorax
V. The Abdomen
VI. The Spine
VII. The Pelvis
VIII. The Limbs
VIX. Soft Tissue
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2006
- 26th August 2005
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Veterinary Medical Imaging, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskkatchewan, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.