This well-illustrated manual offers veterinary technicians and nurses practical advice on performing basic dental procedures. It covers all key day-to-day scenarios in a small animal practice, including equipment, preventive dentistry, and dental radiography. The authors — one a world authority on veterinary dentistry, the other a listed veterinary nurse — have worked together for more than a decade and have unparalleled experience in animal dentistry and oral surgery.
- Specifically written for veterinary nurses and technicians
- Details equipment and instrument requirements and maintenance
- Covers anesthesia for the dental/oral surgery patient
- Provides clear instructions for performing common dental procedures
- Includes practical advice on running a dental clinic
- Offers tips of the trade from an experienced oral care team
- The Role of the Veterinary Nurse and Technician
2. Equipment and Instrumentation
3. Anesthetic Monitoring and Immediate Postoperative Care
4. Anatomy of the Teeth and Periodontium
5. Occlusion and Malocclusion
6. Oral Examination and Recording
7. Dental Radiography
8. Periodontal Disease
9. Common Oral and Dental Conditions
10. Preventive Dentistry
11. Tooth Extraction
12. Dental Diseases in Lagomorphs and Rodents
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2005
- 26th January 2005
- Paperback ISBN:
Veterinary Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Referral, UK
Veterinary Nurse, Personal Assistant, Practice Manager, Veterinary Dentistry & Oral Surgery Referrals, Veterinary Oral Health Consultancy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.