The third edition of Veterinary Dental Techniques continues to serve as an easy-to-use, practical guide to dental techniques and materials for the small animal practitioner. Covers a wide range of topics including examination and charting, routine and advanced periodontal care, endodontic treatment, orthodontics, dental anesthesia, and ergonomics.
- Presents a complete and practical approach to dental examination and charting, routine and advanced periodontal care, endodontic treatment, restorative dentistry, orthodontics, fracture fixation, anesthesia and analgesia
- Features step-by-step instructions with clear illustrations for successfully planning and treating a wide spectrum of dental procedures
- All chapters have been completely revised and updated with the most current information
- Includes helpful home-care and post-operative instructions for clients
- Consistently formatted chapters include general comments, indications, contraindications, and advantages and disadvantages for all techniques and dental materials
- Offers guidelines for starting or expanding a dental department for your practice
- Contains an in-depth discussion of the wide range of equipment and instruments that will allow you to provide the highest standard of dental care for your patients
- Provides recommendations for the care and maintenance of your dental operatory
- Includes a completely updated appendix of manufacturers and sources of dental materials
- Dental Records
2. Dental Equipment and Care
3. Dental Radiology
4. Dental Prophylaxis and Periodontal Disease Staging
5. Periodontal Therapy and Surgery
8. Restorative Dentistry
10. Maxillofacial Fractures
11. Anesthesia & Pain Management in Dental and Oral Procedures
12. Regional and Local Anesthesia
13. General Health Safety and Ergonomics in the Veterinary Dental Workplace
Appendix I: Manufacturers and Sources of Dental Materials
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2004
- 14th April 2004
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Diplomate, AVDC, American Veterinary Dental College, San Carlos, CA
Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College, Vancouver, WA
Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College, Denver, CO
Veterinary Dental Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner 3rd Edition
Steven E. Holmstrom, Patricia Frost, & Edward E. Eisner
Published by Elsevier- Saunders (http://intl.elsevierhealth.com/vet)
689 pages, Hardback, ISBN 0-7216-9383-0,
€ ??? £51,99
There is no doubt that Dentistry is becoming a more and more important part of Small Animal Veterinary Services. It is also clear that it one of the greatest potential areas for development. Not every veterinarian must specialise in dentistry, however every small animal practice should be able to solve basic oral problems.
While dentistry, as a surgical discipline, requires lots of practical education, supervised training and manual experience, its students will always need to find support in professional publications on the subject. For this reason, this book can prove to be an indispensable source of information.
The new edition of “Veterinary Dental Techniques for the Small Animal Practitioner” provides a great range of step by step instructions supported by numerous illustrations of various dental procedures. In 10 chapters one can read about dental and oral problems, treatment planning, instrumentation, materials, advantages and disadvantages of most of the presented techniques. The reader will find out how to solve periodontal orthodontic or endodontic problems, how to properly extract teeth, how home care and prophylaxis should follow treatment, and how to manage oro-facial fractures. Reliable advice is also given on the prevention of back-pain syndrome in operators.
The authors are some of the most important people in the field of small animal dentistry. They have published papers and spoken at most congresses and have taken part in the development of dentistry for years. This book will allow you to experience the process of sharing knowledge and competence.
Illustrations are a very str