Totally updated and revised, this book is crucial for fire, rescue, EMS and law enforcement personnel. It details the very latest in dealing with the challenges of vehicle rescue and extrication in today's environment. New information on vehicle technology and changes in vehicle fire fighting procedures are covered, as well as the most recent advances in extrication equipment. Case scenarios are used to offer readers a real-world example of crash scenes they're likely to encounter.
- The comprehensive scope of information ensures that students have everything they need in one easy-to-read text.
- Over 400 illustrations enhance the written text and better relay vital concepts.
- Utilizes case scenarios and algorithms to encourage problem solving and real-world application.
- Features a glossary of over 2,500 terms to secure students' understanding of the material.
- Chapter objectives and summaries point out key information found in each chapter.
- New Technology and Airbags
2. Hybrid Vehicles
3. Vehicle Rescue Life Cycle
4. Safety and Vehicle Fires
5. Commanding Vehicle Rescue Incidents
6. EMS Considerations
7. Tools and Equipment
8. Extrication Techniques
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2003
- 28th October 2002
- Paperback ISBN: