Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Vehicle Dynamics and Control: Advanced Methodologies features the latest information on advanced dynamics and vehicle motion control including a comprehensive overview of passenger and articulated vehicles, fundamentals, and emerging developments. The book begins with a thorough introduction of the advanced approaches related to dynamics and vehicle control, including driver assistance and autonomous driving concepts. It proceeds to cover advanced issues in vehicle control strategies such as identification and estimation, adaptive nonlinear control, new robust control techniques, soft computing, and intelligent control. Other topics such as the integrated control of yaw, electronic stability control, integrated control of articulated heavy vehicles, and automatic parking are also discussed.
With a significant amount of material on engineering methodology, simulation, and modeling as well as mathematical verification of the systems, this book discusses and solves new challenging vehicle dynamics and control problems, and is helpful for advanced automotive engineering students, researchers, and engineers seeking design procedures of practical/actual systems
- Provides a vast spectrum of advanced vehicle dynamics and control systems topics and current research trends
- Discusses a new control system coupled with an active roll control system and an active steering control system to improve maneuverability and jackknifing prevention
- Features recent advances in hybrid electric vehicle system
Senior undergraduate and graduate students in automotive engineering and vehicle manufacturers
1. Integrated vehicle dynamics & suspension control systems for a passenger car
2. Vehicle dynamics control of a passenger car applying flexible body model
3. Integrated vehicle dynamics control using active braking and semi-active suspension systems
4. Trajectory planning and integrated control for a high-speed autonomous lane change
5. String stability and control of a platoon of vehicles
6. Dynamic behavior and stability of an articulated vehicle carrying fluid
7. Adaptive robust controller in lateral dynamics of an articulated vehicle carrying liquid
8. Directional stability analysis and integrated control of articulated heavy vehicles
9. Automatic parking of articulated vehicles using soft computing approach
10. Trajectory planning of tractor-semitrailer
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Shahram Azadi is an associate professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, and Vehicle Advanced Technologies Deputy Manager at the Automotive Industries Research & Innovation Center (AIRIC), Tehran, Iran.
Associate Professor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Reza Kazemi is a professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Professor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Hamidreza Rezaei Nedamani is a project manager of ADAS System, Automotive Industries Research & Innovation Center (AIRIC), Tehran, Iran.
Project Manager of ADAS System, Automotive Industries Research & Innovation Center (AIRIC), Tehran, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.