• Epidemiology and risk factor management of peripheral arterial disease
• Assessment of chronic lower limb ischaemia
• Medical treatment of chronic lower limb ischaemia
• Intervention for chronic lower limb ischaemia
• The diabetic foot
• Amputation, rehabilitation and prosthetic developments
• Revision vascular surgery
• Management of acute lower limb ischaemia
• Vascular trauma
• Extracranial cerebrovascular disease
• Vascular disorders of the upper limb
• Primary and secondary vasospastic disorders (Raynaud’s phenomenon) and vasculitis
• Peripheral and abdominal aortic aneurysms
• Thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic disease
• Renal and intestinal vascular disease
• Central venous and dialysis access
• Varicose veins
• Chronic leg swelling
• The acutely swollen leg
• Vascular anomalies
• Future developments
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2013
- 2nd August 2013
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Sheffield Vascular Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
Consultant Vascular Radiologist, The Sheffield Vascular Unit, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK