Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Vanadium: Extraction, Manufacturing and Applications offers systematic coverage of the state-of-the-art in research and development of vanadium. Five chapters cover the basic background of vanadium, including extraction, applications, and the development of vanadium in industry and manufacturing, with a focus on industrial Panzhihua in China, which has one of the largest reserves of vanadium in the world. Based on the author’s 30+ years of experience in vanadium-based materials, including in industrial development, this book provides a solution for understanding the nature, sourcing, manufacture, and uses of vanadium in high-tech industry.
Vanadium is critical to high-tech industry, and is used as a catalyst and as a functional material. It has applications including in high-stress alloys, batteries and supercapacitors, and catalysts. Research on vanadium has accelerated rapidly in scope and depth in recent years.
- Covers the different vanadium extraction processes
- Describes the configuration of industry relating to vanadium, focusing on products and processes
- Details vanadium applications in technology and in relation to particular product categories
- Considers the case of vanadium resource shortages, and the industry response
- Provides the necessary background to the theory, practice, technology, and manufacture of vanadium in contemporary industry
Researchers and graduate research students in materials science interested in vanadium and its uses; researchers in metallurgy, metallurgists; government and industry specialists working in metals and manufacturing
2. Vanadium and its compounds
3. Vanadium mineral resources
4. Extraction of Vanadium from Titanoferrous Magnetite: Mineral Processing and Enrichment Methods
5. Extraction of Vanadium from V-bearing Titanoferrous Magnetite by Smelting to Produce V-containing Iron
6. Extraction of Vanadium from V-bearing Titanoferrous Magnetite: Enrichment of Vanadium Slag
7. Extraction of Vanadium from V-bearing Titanoferrous Magnetite: Extraction of V2O5 from Vanadium Slag
8: Extracting Vanadium from Shale
9. Extracting Vanadium Pentoxide from Minerals and Composite Materials Containing Vanadium Modes
11. Applications of Vanadium in The Steel Industry
12. Vanadium Metal
13. Characteristics and Technical Quality Standards of Main Vanadium Products
14. Vanadium Compounds Products and Functional Materials
15. Vanadium Catalysts
16. Vanadium Batteries
17. Vanadium Carbonitride and Vanadium Aluminum Alloy
18. Development of The Vanadium industry
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 2nd December 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Yang Baoxiang is a Senior Engineer at Sichuan Institute of Industrial Technology, Secretary General of the Panzhihua Non-Ferrous Metal Academy in China, and council member for the Panzhihua Environmental Protection Academy. He is employed as an expert by government and industry on safety, environmental protection, science and technology, and information and economy. He has researched vanadium and titanium use and product development, led key state projects, and been honored by several prestigious awards for his work. He has published two books, and over 40 research articles in the field
Senior Engineer, Sichuan Institute of Industrial Technology, Sichuan, China; Secretary General of the Panzhihua Non-Ferrous Metal Academy in China, and council member for the Panzhihua Environmental Protection Academy, China
Jinyong He is the chairman of Panzhihua Yinjiang -Jinyong industry &trade co., LTD., and senior engineer of smelting. He has been committed to vanadium battery research and demonstration, cooperated with the Chinese academy of engineering physics to complete three large-scale demonstrations of vanadium batteries, comprehensively improving the docking and connection capacity of vanadium batteries and energy storage transformation. At the same time, the thermal reduction preparation of high-purity vanadium metal is being studied, with a 98.7% high purity vanadium metal achieved.
Chairman of Panzhihua Yinjiang -Jinyong industry & trade co., LTD, Yinjiang, China
Dr Guifang Zhang is professor of Kunming university of science and technology. He is committed to the teaching and research of vanadium-titanium magnetite smelting technology, and the results of his research are deep, offering a wide range of model data reference, which has contributed to increased vanadium production and other applications
Professor of Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
Jike Guo is senior engineer of Panzhihua Iron and Steel research institute,who took part in a lot of Vanadium related projects,won prizes and awarded by government
Senior Engineer, Panzhihua Iron and Steel Research Institute, Yinjiang, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.