1. Epidemiology of Valvular Heart Disease
2. Three-Dimensional Anatomy of the Aortic and Mitral Valves
3. Cellular and Molecular Basis of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease
4. Clinical and Genetic Risk Factors for Calcific Valve Disease
5. Left Ventricular Adaptation to Pressure and/or Volume Overload
6. Echocardiographic Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease
7. Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease for Cardiac Catheterization and Angiography
8. Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomography
9. Basic Principles of Medical Therapy in the Patient with Valvular Heart Disease
10. Risk Assessment for Valvular Heart Disease
11. Aortic Stenosis
12. Aortic Regurgitation
13. The Bicuspid Aortic Valve and Associated Aortic Disease
14. Surgical Approach to Diseases of the Aortic Valve and the Aortic Root
15. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation
16. Imaging Guidance of Transcatheter Valve Procedures
17. Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease
18. Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease
19. Secondary Mitral Regurgitation
20. Mitral Regurgitation: Timing of Surgery
21. Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
22. Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
23. Intraoperative Echocardiography for Mitral Valve Surgery
24. Diseases of the Tricuspid and Pulmonic Valves
25. Infective Endocarditis
26. Prosthetic Heart Valves
27. Valvular Heart Disease in Pregnancy
Appendix 1: ACC/AHA Guidelines Classification and Levels of Evidence
Appendix 2: ESC Guidelines Classification and Levels of Evidence
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Cardiology category
Internationally renowned cardiologists Drs. Catherine M. Otto and Robert O. Bonow help you to apply all of the latest scientific knowledge and clinical strategies with Valvular Heart Disease, a companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease. This indispensable resource for your everyday practice provides all of the knowledge you need to give your patients the most accurate diagnoses, the best possible heart disease treatment options, and the expert care they deserve.
"…This textbook is a key to all of us for rational decision-making and the optimal management of patients with valvular heart disease." Reviewed by Perfusion, Apr 2015
- Apply today's best medical and surgical approaches with comprehensive, expert guidance on today's full range of clinical heart disease treatments.
- Provide appropriate care to pediatric and pregnant patients with focused chapters on the unique needs of these special populations.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 20th September 2013
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Catherine M Otto, MD, is Editor-in-Chief of Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr Otto has combined echocardiography and valve disease expertise. She is a prolific and reliable editor, editing five other Elsevier echocardiography titles ranging from educational content for cardiologists and technicians (Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, Echocardiography Review Guide) to practitioner references (The Practice of Echocardiography, Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography) and a title in Braunwald’s Companion series Valvular Heart Disease.
Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology. Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.